Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

I decided to live with the fact that impossible noloss cannot be done in WotN, and it seems hard enough that an actual impossible completion is good enough for myself. I'd like to try hard no loss though.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Playing on impossible is interesting and chalanging and gives highest score on end (along with lowest time played and high hero lvl). No loss was always personal choice and in no way effect end game score, except if you lose any units that are not available anywhere else in game and you REALLY want that unit
Did high score formula got changed in WotN, or is it same as in Legend or AP/CW ? It was really simple in earlier games with no regard toward lvl`s of spirits of rage/pet dragon, and losses player had during game, or amount of dmg made by troops/rage/spells and other things accounted in end game screens. Only thing important for that score is hero lvl,quests,difficulty and in game time. This strikes me as odd, considering randomness and whole game world with lots of possibilities that final score takes as most important thing game time (rounded in DAYS, not hours ffs). Hero lvlv and quests make sense because player used his time developing that character during game and played for certain storyline, to be in the end rewarded if he skip certain quests and many battles just to finish game with lowest time spend possible to get higher score. It really is weird.
But all in all, no loss never was important to finish game.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namad View Post
I had one gift scroll show up on my first island, but before I went back and bought it.... the store STOPPED EXISTING WTF>>> no fair! i thought stores never stopped existing randomly without warning in the king's bounty series oh well
Nice info.

I have bought it after seeing the info .
Old 10-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
Even then, there is a lot of praying that the spell doesn't get cast on the wrong unit mid-battle. Summons can help, but you'll need to burn scrolls for that.

Gift can give soothsayers extra revives, but you'll need to both heal and gift, which is very expensive if cast from mana. Not sure how many Gift scrolls can show up.
True, if you get hit with damage spells mid-fight, it can often mean a restart.

The Gift scroll is mostly useless, unless you put the points into Rune Magic to get it up to level 3. Even then, the amount of healing you get from Soothsayers isn't really enough to handle any but the most minor of losses.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

I kinda stopped my No Loss HARD paladin on Crossworlds, because after 3 no loss walkthroughs of previous KB games, it was just... boring and repetitive. So I go for low loss here. I am more interested in trying a Viking-only playthrough. The bear rider women and the Jarls seem sturdy units for Level 4 with great abilities (even if the Jarl is kinda ripping off the Paladins and Knights there), the Soothsayer has interesting spells, and I wonder if the vikings have any level 5 unit that could tank.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

if u manage to do no loss in the first island u are either really good or really lucky..

there are just too many hero fights early on and u dont have any decent tanks to take hits or ways to counter magic/deaths

Last edited by dudex; 10-27-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Spiders and snakes are also available via eggs on the first island, if I recall correctly. I seem to recall also getting fear... which doesn't work on undead.

Has anyone found a wanderer scroll in a chest in a battle... at all yet? I'm thinking they may no longer spawn there. A good unit summoner early on would no doubt make this all completely doable.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
as mage u can at least cast spells

i'm playing impossible with a warrior

and ahriman is really one pain in the ass with his spells

i just can't kill his units quick enough meh :/

and SLINGER really are the worst sucky units ever produced lol their low hp is ridicoulous
Just beat Ahriman no-loss with warrior/impossible.

I had to use my 3 Call of Nature scrolls though.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

how the hell did u do that?

get to lvl 5 and then roflstomp him or what? what skills u used and what unit selection?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
how the hell did u do that?

get to lvl 5 and then roflstomp him or what? what skills u used and what unit selection?
Nothing about that fight as a roflstomp. Nothing.

Hero Level 5, Level 1 Runic Rage (for extra rage damage) (might tree, the right column). 798 leadership.

Berserkers, Axe Throwers, Soothsayers, Bears, Ancient Bears.

I'd wait for them to come to me, and keep summoning monsters every round. I'd use the summons to "burn" a counter attack and then wail on the enemy.

Ahri would burn spells on the summons like blind, sheep, fear, and poison skull.

I'd time the berserkers to enrage, so they would one-shot the 20 skeletons from the necromancer summons.

I honestly don't think I could have won without the summon scrolls.