Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

it was a dark and stormy night. a black wind howled, bludgeoning those poor souls unlucky enough to find themselves out-of-doors. king's bounty hunter (hereafter referred to as "KBH") was oblivious to their privations, however, as he was safely ensconced like some real-life jabba the hutt in his mother's basement.

with the warm glow of the monitor reflecting off his coke-bottle glasses and the familiar hum of his cpu fan buzzing away, KBH was indeed in his element. busy shoveling cheezy poofs into his cavernous gullet by the fistful with one hand and madly clicking his mouse with the other (all the while trying to avoid fat-fingering mouse2 with his plump, sausage-like index finger), he pays no attention as his cheezy poof hand absently scratches his tighty-whitey clad hindquarters, creating a jackson pollockesque splash of fluorescent orange to contrast violently with old brown and yellow stains.

suddenly, his eyelids, making a heroic effort to fly open, strain mightily against the porcine flesh of his face. "NNUUUUUOOOOOOOOOO," he cries, spittle flying out of his mouth in viscous strands to land limply on his monitor. how could this have happened?!? day 47 rolled by on the monitor, marking yet another easy-mode completion in KB:TL. furious, KBH lets loose an incoherent scream, prompting his mother to stomp on the floor. "THOSE CHEATERS...DONE IN UNDER 25 DAYS ON IMPOSSIBLE?!? INCONCEEEEEEEEEIVABLE!, he yells as he angrily clicks on his internet explorer button, hitting his bookmark for the 1C forums. hot tears of fury and shame mixing with his running nose in a slow river down his face, KBH mutters darkly, "i'll expose those cheating bastards on the forums...if the great blackwolf the dragonmaster can't do it, NOBODY CAN (because my mommy says i'm special)." [cue camera fade]

face it, kbh...you're terribad and a whiner to boot. just because you're too stupid to make it work (yes, stupid...because this game requires no skill, just a bit of intelligence and a bit of luck) doesn't mean it can't be done.

judging from your psychological profile, there's an 99.6% (repeating, of course) chance you're a rager IRL. wipe that foam off your mouth kid, it's just a game.

-mice
Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorS View Post
Obviously. Just go read the Russian board with google translate, this is nothing here ...
But it really looks like you got issues here. So just because you cant play Chess like Anand he must be cheating right? And even if he explained his strategies most people wouldnt be able too follow. Same thing just on a higher level ...

I had fun playing this game with min/max and to see whats possible. No losses game? Possible. Beat impossible in 11 days? Possible. Both? Not sure but you bet that some people have fun with different things than you do. So why dont you just stop whining?
I liked your answer the most because you connected the rational of a chess playing strategist to a King's Bounty player: no amount of time invested in the game, playing or planing or reloading - is considered "insane".

It's painfully obvious the thread started is so very far from being in the same league with those players. If he persists - we should all simply ignore him...
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHourOfTheMice View Post
it was a dark and stormy night. a black wind howled, bludgeoning those poor souls unlucky enough to find themselves out-of-doors. king's bounty hunter (hereafter referred to as "KBH") was oblivious to their privations, however, as he was safely ensconced like some real-life jabba the hutt in his mother's basement.

with the warm glow of the monitor reflecting off his coke-bottle glasses and the familiar hum of his cpu fan buzzing away, KBH was indeed in his element. busy shoveling cheezy poofs into his cavernous gullet by the fistful with one hand and madly clicking his mouse with the other (all the while trying to avoid fat-fingering mouse2 with his plump, sausage-like index finger), he pays no attention as his cheezy poof hand absently scratches his tighty-whitey clad hindquarters, creating a jackson pollockesque splash of fluorescent orange to contrast violently with old brown and yellow stains.

suddenly, his eyelids, making a heroic effort to fly open, strain mightily against the porcine flesh of his face. "NNUUUUUOOOOOOOOOO," he cries, spittle flying out of his mouth in viscous strands to land limply on his monitor. how could this have happened?!? day 47 rolled by on the monitor, marking yet another easy-mode completion in KB:TL. furious, KBH lets loose an incoherent scream, prompting his mother to stomp on the floor. "THOSE CHEATERS...DONE IN UNDER 25 DAYS ON IMPOSSIBLE?!? INCONCEEEEEEEEEIVABLE!, he yells as he angrily clicks on his internet explorer button, hitting his bookmark for the 1C forums. hot tears of fury and shame mixing with his running nose in a slow river down his face, KBH mutters darkly, "i'll expose those cheating bastards on the forums...if the great blackwolf the dragonmaster can't do it, NOBODY CAN (because my mommy says i'm special)." [cue camera fade]

face it, kbh...you're terribad and a whiner to boot. just because you're too stupid to make it work (yes, stupid...because this game requires no skill, just a bit of intelligence and a bit of luck) doesn't mean it can't be done.

judging from your psychological profile, there's an 99.6% (repeating, of course) chance you're a rager IRL. wipe that foam off your mouth kid, it's just a game.

-mice
How did you know I liked Cheesy poofs (looks around the room and out the window)

That was beautifully written and a pleasure to read

Your Sincerely

The Pantomime Baddy
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

1. Don't waste runes on useless skills
2. Don't waste time recharging or walking around on the map
3. Know where to go next / Don't backtrack / Plan ahead
4. Abuse the best possible armies combinations for the area that you're in

As said before, only time spent on the map counts toward game time. Battle time doesn't count. You can slowly win battles with good planning and then rage drain / mana spring / resurrect (or steal/sacrifice) your army back up to full troops, mana, and rage so after the fight you zoom on to the next without delay. It's not so complicated, but obviously requires playing through the game a few times to know how to do everything in the least amount of walking time.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Approved Member

Steady on with the comments fellas.

Some people probably exaggerate slightly but there is sufficient depth in strategy in this game to be able to abuse the hell out of most enemies if you work out how.

e.g. freedom isles: Seadogs + teleport + glots armor + shaman's totem + ressurect etc make fights very easy on impossible. And most fights could be won easily with just those 2 units.

there are countless ways to do this.

I'm playing through on impossible for the first time and not having much difficulty, although there are some fights you have to accept cant be won when you first encounter them - e.g. slim shady in the marshan swamp
Old 11-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

You should also note two very important factors. 1) Most of the shit in this game is random, if you get Resurrect in Darion - Awesome! - but I didn't get it until well into Elflands, nor did I get a satisfyingly large ammount of inquisitors, so I just had to deal with the losses, using strategy as the main tool to keep them at a minimum. 2) A lot of the things in this game are modable, while I'm sure that some people could have pulled it off with pure luck and effort, I'm just as sure that one could fake with it only some minor code editing skill. Not to mention you can manipulate time and numbers in dev mode.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
All credit to some of the guys who claim to have basically, raped the game. On impossible, in under 25 days, with no losses....See, to me that sounds like absolute bullshit but there you go.

I'm not the greatest player of this game and never claimed to be. I just don't understand how it's possible to achieve these ridiculous scores!?!

Can the game devs shed any light on this?
well - I never had 0 loses even on easy - and I played KB tL for so many times (finished it at least 20 times, once on impossible) - still there are games when you re-load enough times - you can follow 0-loss policy, KB is not this type of game IMHO - for instance the first training fight with the dragon - you would need a lot of luck to make it w/o losing a unit - just try it. You may skip this battle, or re-load if you have loses, but there are battles when you can't skip them, and I wonder is someone is ready to invest numerous re-loads, time for very detailed planning (as you need to his your enemy with perfectly prepared army to gain 0-loss) - and at least you can't finish all quests (like the one where you fight your future yourself)

I personally don't believe that 0-loss policy is possible in KB (w/o cheating).
I finished once with only few thousand loses (on easy) and I feel very lucky and skilled - when compared with the pre-set ranks of honour (whre loses are around 100K) [fact is that it was never my intention to totaly focus on 0-loss policy, still I tried my best to lose as few as possible, but I didn't re-load if I lost someone even if I felt I could do better... one vamp here or there ]

Last edited by Gatts; 11-18-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

does the training fight with the dragon even count towards your totals?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcm View Post
does the training fight with the dragon even count towards your totals?
Good point - I believe yes, but this was only an example anyway.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
You should also note two very important factors. 1) Most of the shit in this game is random, if you get Resurrect in Darion - Awesome! - but I didn't get it until well into Elflands, nor did I get a satisfyingly large ammount of inquisitors, so I just had to deal with the losses, using strategy as the main tool to keep them at a minimum. 2) A lot of the things in this game are modable, while I'm sure that some people could have pulled it off with pure luck and effort, I'm just as sure that one could fake with it only some minor code editing skill. Not to mention you can manipulate time and numbers in dev mode.
Interesting...