Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for that, feanor.

It looks like the settings are going to look much the same (i.e. elven type areas, pirate type areas, underground) but some of the new races look excellent (especially the dinosaurs/lizards). Other than that the horse now flies, are there any other major gameplay differences? It looks like the little dragon will function much as the ragebox did in the original...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Thanks for that, feanor.

It looks like the settings are going to look much the same (i.e. elven type areas, pirate type areas, underground) but some of the new races look excellent (especially the dinosaurs/lizards). Other than that the horse now flies, are there any other major gameplay differences? It looks like the little dragon will function much as the ragebox did in the original...
The little dragon will replace the spirits, and there will be several to choose (different bonuses and basic skills)
Old 03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

I have to say I can't really fault the original game at all, it was really well done. I imagine we will have to see what the end result is like

The only thing that could be faulted is the multiple formats of the game that exist, which can only make technical support more difficult

I was certainly pleased to hear that an expansion was in the works
Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

some rumours which i believe to be true (most of them from official polish site of kingbounty)

1. according to the official kingbounty.pl polish site there will be scenario editor in the expansion
2. according to site gry-online , polish version of expansion will be out in june. So the game is probably translated to some point at the moment, because otherwise there will be not enough time to release it so fast. I think that it is also true for english translation. I am not sure if this rumour is true (gry-online is not an official source), but lets hope for that.
3. check http://kingsbounty.pl/ - there are some news and rumours in polish , but there are also some screenshots that you may did not see before

Last edited by guciomir; 04-05-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Last 3 trailers in high quality on rapidshare!

http://rapidshare.com/files/22072291...drako_xvid.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/22073071...l_1280x720.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/22075767...u_1280x720.zip
Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Default New game or expansion?

Seems to me from what I've been reading in interviews and whatnot that this will essentially be a whole new game, just that the engine / some graphics, units, etc. are carried over. Anyone know for sure?
In the interview it says you can no longer use the rage spirits, and the guy being interviewed (Dmitri something) didn't really answer the question as to whether we can carry our heroes from 'The Legend' over into the game, but I imagine you need to start from scratch, as this game is about the princess and her dragon.

Also, on the 1C website, it says "sequel to King's Bounty..." blah blah. Whole new game, then?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
Seems to me from what I've been reading in interviews and whatnot that this will essentially be a whole new game, just that the engine / some graphics, units, etc. are carried over. Anyone know for sure?
In the interview it says you can no longer use the rage spirits, and the guy being interviewed (Dmitri something) didn't really answer the question as to whether we can carry our heroes from 'The Legend' over into the game, but I imagine you need to start from scratch, as this game is about the princess and her dragon.

Also, on the 1C website, it says "sequel to King's Bounty..." blah blah. Whole new game, then?
Yes, it's a whole new game with the same engine/graphics. You can't carry over your heroes. Amelie is your hero and she can still be a Mage, Paladin or Warrior. There are about 50 levels (or more) as opposed to 30 in TL. The world is entirely new, some of the skills have been modified (although it is basically very similar). You have a little dragon instead of the ragebox, and the dragon skills are new. Spells are mostly the same. There are plenty of new units but 2/3 are the same. There are also some really excellent new innovations, such as 'achievement medals' which give bonuses, and also a new bounty system for hiring mercenaries.

Think of this as a sequel more than an expansion.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Yes, it's a whole new game with the same engine/graphics. You can't carry over your heroes. Amelie is your hero and she can still be a Mage, Paladin or Warrior. There are about 50 levels (or more) as opposed to 30 in TL. The world is entirely new, some of the skills have been modified (although it is basically very similar). You have a little dragon instead of the ragebox, and the dragon skills are new. Spells are mostly the same. There are plenty of new units but 2/3 are the same. There are also some really excellent new innovations, such as 'achievement medals' which give bonuses, and also a new bounty system for hiring mercenaries.

Think of this as a sequel more than an expansion.
Thanks, Zhuangzi.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

2/3 of the units are the same, but they have been rebalanced and many have received new "powers". the game should be more interesting now.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

I havent compared units only rembered that archdemon had 666hp and now it has 766, also ancient ent with 1400 hp , there is surely way more changes .. hm actualy many units got more hp , looks like creators wanted longer battles

Last edited by Elwin; 04-15-2009 at 10:17 AM.