Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

If all things are equal when two planes meet, there respective performance will favor the superior flight model but thats a fight that shouldnt be picked imho.

Back on topic: The short answer to why certain plane's are not in server1, because to many people fight about it.
ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1866--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders-MSFF2

Last edited by ATAG_MajorBorris; 02-22-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Don't be misleading yourself. The 109 can bunt into a dive and regain the initiative.
No, it cannot. It can bunt into a dive and return to base if and only if the Spit 2 pilot doesn't feel like chasing the 109 down, otherwise the Spit2 pilot only needs patience.

Quote:
Currently the E3 can easily outclimb, outdive, outshoot, and outrun the Hurricane Rotol -- yet you overlooked that, too.
I didn't overlook that, because the Hurri and Spit 1a both have a sustained and instantaneous turn advantage over the 109. I also find it funny you mention climb rate, since the E-3 climbs better than the E-4. Should the E-3 be banned too?

What will you do when the Battle of Moscow expansion comes out and you have to rely on turn performance against the faster, better-armed Fw 190? Substitute the Yaks for Spitfires?

Quote:
The Red pilots don't complain about it; they learn to adapt and fly better as a result.
Are you kidding? What servers are you flying where Red pilots aren't whining about cannons nonstop?

Edit: Sorry for dragging this off topic, I just can't stomach hypocrisy.

Last edited by CaptainDoggles; 02-23-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Hypocrisy? We happen to disagree but there's no call for insults, Captain Doggles.
I was sincere in my arguments and mistakenly thought you were likewise dealing in good faith.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hypocrisy? We happen to disagree but there's no call for insults, Captain Doggles.
I was sincere in my arguments and mistakenly thought you were likewise dealing in good faith.
When confronted with an argument that you can't refute, ignore it and make an appeal to emotion.

Standard.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Very true. Are you capable of discussion without resorting to insults?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Very true. Are you capable of discussion without resorting to insults?
Hey listen, sorry you took it as an insult.

But I'm not going to retract the statement. I find it hypocritical to understate the advantages that the spit 2a has over the 109s, while in the same breath overstate the advantages that the 109s have over the Spit 1a and Hurri, and to neglect entirely the advantages that the Hurri and Spit 1a have over the 109s.

If you're interested in actually addressing the facts, then great.

Should the E-3 be banned? It climbs better than the E-4.

What will happen when Blue gets the Fw 190 and Red again has a turn advantage but not a speed or firepower advantage?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The Spit IIa has a bit of an FM advantage; in the right hands the E4 is nearly equal in FM and has a huge firepower advantage.
Come on, it's a bullxxxx. The FM will remain the same even if the pilot is an idiot. Anyone, who ever fly with 1v1 know, that the IIa far better plane than any other in the game.

I fly on ATAG regularly, the greatest disadvantage of the red side the red pilots (and the lack of situation awareness). Who fly on deck to france, because he regretted the time to climb. Who flying alone because no any teamwork. Who only looks forward, and fly straight, Who just chasing one german, instead of climb, and protecting the others, no matter how many red are front of him. Who climbs without any chance to catch the enemy, but it becomes a perfect target, and so on. They are slaughtered within minutes, no matter what weapons are allowed in the Messerschmitt.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 02-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Well Richie, i am guessing that after following how this thread is quickly degenerating you can see why the measures taken by those running servers has been done so

Craig
Old 02-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Some people just don't want to face the facts

I hope Snapper isn't one of them.

Last edited by CaptainDoggles; 02-23-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps View Post
Well Richie, i am guessing that after following how this thread is quickly degenerating you can see why the measures taken by those running servers has been done so

Craig
Precisely.