Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 12-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklebutt View Post
How the heck do you Bail out of a Blenheim ?????? I dont think Ctr-E will do it
You have to open the canopy (big sliding affair over your head) then Ctrl/E as usual.

Only found out myself by accident yesterday!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Your skip bombing vids were what got me into the Blenheim in the first place - very well done so thanks! Here's a link for anyone interested: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...s-only.&p=5842
This Minensuchboot side attack is almost suicide, I attack then approaching from 25/30 degrees to bow, so the gunners have more difficult in track you.

Sokol1
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
This Minensuchboot side attack is almost suicide, I attack then approaching from 25/30 degrees to bow, so the gunners have more difficult in track you.

Sokol1
Good tip mate, thanks!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Sokol. I have never attempted a Minensuchboot, as i knew they were pretty leathal

Knuckles

@ Dutch; Thanks for the bail out info, I've just been riding it down with the rest of the crew
Old 12-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

I'm just waiting to see if "the patch" will make the Blenheim flyable in a way that doesn't require the use of chanting, prayers, and voodoo before I try any sort of bombing in it.

That aircraft is a bloody shambles.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
I'm just waiting to see if "the patch" will make the Blenheim flyable in a way that doesn't require the use of chanting, prayers, and voodoo before I try any sort of bombing in it.

That aircraft is a bloody shambles.
It's a handful for sure, but it's the only flyable bomb carrying a/c we've got.

And how many flyable bomb carriers do the blue guys have? Erm.....109, 110, Ju87, Ju88, He111, BR20.

It's the main reason I was aggrieved with the 'no more flyables for CoD' decision.

Poor show old boy!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Just my opinion, but learning to fly that thing now could be a very huge waste of time if the devs sort it out in the patch.

If they don't, then mud moving, at least for me, will just have to wait for the return to Mother Russia.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Flying the Blenheim is not too bad once you get the hang of it, and this is coming from someone who has no bomber experience. The semi-variable prop pitch fiddle (in technical terms you sort of jiggle it about near the coarse end) makes it very much easier since you can still get 1800-2000 rpm out of the engine without cooking it. I am unclear whether this is historical or not.

@Denis - so the sights work properly? I am constantly hitting short by a considerable margin but I think it could be that I am not in truly level flight. Difficult without autopilot or a stabiliser.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Just my opinion, but learning to fly that thing now could be a very huge waste of time if the devs sort it out in the patch.

If they don't, then mud moving, at least for me, will just have to wait for the return to Mother Russia.
What are the problems with the model? I haven't been interested until recently.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Jimbop

The three runs I have mode so far have been at 11,000 and yes very accurate.
Also with auto pilot its very hard to keep a steady airspeed and altitude. Thats what I am working on now. I really need to post video or at least screenshots. I plan on trying that today. Might encourage if you can see proof

ELAurens: please dont get frustrated: its taken me weeks of constant flying to be successful at flying this pig. I do believe this will greatly help if and when other aircraft become available (I'll have a Wellington please) If you ever see me on comms let me know, we will start from the ground up.

Knuckles