Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
Why would I want to over pay for my hardware???
Because:

- it's so cool "being part of it"
- they are made of aluminum and glas
- Macs are idiot proof, whenever they fail, they sell it as a feature
- they dont have edges[just like the users]
- they are made of aluminum and glas - have I already mentioned they are incredibly cool?

Take a look at the mac homepage - what do reckon? They don't mention the tech specs of product, but the cool looks and the fact the use Al and glas.

The product itself is just overpriced, but it's the users I feel really sorry for.

Over 'n out.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOG_Rumboy View Post
lol. here we go... pc users just cant help it! I wonder why they read threads about macs? They just wish they could afford our machines.. lol.

i7 win7 64 in bootcamp just the hd4850 (off top of head - not on it now). Runs ok but I need to work on the resolution for the 27inch screen.
I love reading these threads because it never ceases to amaze me that Mac users try and squeeze every frame they possibly can from a PC based game running on a Mac. If they spent that same amount of money on building a PC in the first place they wouldn't need to post.

If you want the maximum performance from a PC game, then for the love of god get a PC.

I wonder how I'd go on a Mac user's forum asking about running MacOS on a PC
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
I love reading these threads because it never ceases to amaze me that Mac users try and squeeze every frame they possibly can from a PC based game running on a Mac. If they spent that same amount of money on building a PC in the first place they wouldn't need to post.

If you want the maximum performance from a PC game, then for the love of god get a PC.

They shuld just build a gaming PC and buy the stupid OS 10 or whatever it is and try and make a dual boot. Not like they have to worry about games running on the mac side all the good stuff is written for windows.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Because:

Take a look at the mac homepage - what do reckon? They don't mention the tech specs of product, but the cool looks and the fact the use Al and glas.

The product itself is just overpriced, but it's the users I feel really sorry for.

Over 'n out.
I had to laugh at the "but the cool looks and the fact the use Al and glas.".
reminded me how how simple babys are to please, just jiggle something shinny in front of them and they stop crying and play with the shiny aluminum
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
I might try that. lol
Old 04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

I'm guessing that while you were still in nappies I was building PC's when it was still very much a dark science, so don't give it all the 'smarter than thou' crap.
Mac users use the platform generally because they'd more rather be using their equipment than delving into the insides trying to suss out wtf the burning smell is coming from....

NOW the case is closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
Why would I want to over pay for my hardware??? I like my money and I think Steve Jobs has enough already. Only difference now with mac and pc is the os and price for components. PC cost less for the same mac equivalent. If you own a mac and want to run mainstream software you have to run a windows shell so what is the point. Mac has the nice WALLED in garden so you cant do the same as with PC. And typically, pc builders are smarter than mac users.
Case closed!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

The guy comes looking for help with the game, not for the opinion of the usual suspects on macs.
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 04-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgio41 View Post
I'm guessing that while you were still in nappies I was building PC's when it was still very much a dark science, so don't give it all the 'smarter than thou' crap.
Mac users use the platform generally because they'd more rather be using their equipment than delving into the insides trying to suss out wtf the burning smell is coming from....

NOW the case is closed.
Sorry but I have building PC's and such since the early 90's. Todays Macs are PC's running a locked down proprietary OS is all. They dont run any better than PC's they just cost more for no real reason other than to make people think they are getting something superior which they arent.
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

I've already posted that it runs good on bootcamp as long as you use w7 64 bit; WinXP whatever it's incantation is not going to give good performance.

I can't stand it when people start knocking the OS just because they can't handle an operating system that works out of the box with no p*ssing around; it's a Ford/Chrysler thing I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
The guy comes looking for help with the game, not for the opinion of the usual suspects on macs.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgio41 View Post
I've already posted that it runs good on bootcamp as long as you use w7 64 bit; WinXP whatever it's incantation is not going to give good performance.

I can't stand it when people start knocking the OS just because they can't handle an operating system that works out of the box with no p*ssing around; it's a Ford/Chrysler thing I guess.
My daughters teachers all got mac books this year at her middle school.
She says they all hate them. They leave them off to the side she says and
they all use there windows based laptops becasue they can do everything with them. This is per what her teachers told her. They said the school didnt ask them what they wanted just dumped macs on them and they almost never use them they just are expensive paper weights. Good use of tax dollars with the mac paper weights.
― Christopher Hitchens
Closed Thread