Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Guys, you must remember that using "modded" sounds in an official release puts the developer and publisher in legal jeopardy.

Let's face facts here.

Not one person or group that has developed modded sounds for IL2 will say where the sounds come from. Ever wonder why? Because they are ripped from copyrighted material, that's why.

So, you say, just go to an airshow and record some planes.

Sadly it's not that easy. High quality sound recording isn't a cheap thing to do on it's own, much less pay the hourly operating costs for a WW2 era military aircraft and crew, times the number of different aircraft in the sim, if you can even find a flyable one of the type you need to record.

No publisher in the world would front the kind of money it would take to do it because of the limited return on investment they get for PC flight simulations.

I know facts are hard for some here to deal with, but deal with it you must.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Approved Member

in my opinion the sounds are pretty good while inside the cockpit.and thats all i care for.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH_Hirth View Post
All sound files ready, but all are from auor unofficial community, maybe cant be used in oficcial patch, just need a permition and opened way and we will can use "Fly by view" sounds (Tiger33) and in/out sounds from Master JAFA.
How about machine guns..... the .303s don't sound very good in my opinion...of course I've never fired any from the cockpit of a fighter, but surely they'd have to sound better than that?!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Luither has hinted at sound improvement , lets just wait and see....

Blitzpig , you have no idea what you are talking about , please stop repeating that rubbish.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyerz View Post
Luither has hinted at sound improvement , lets just wait and see....

Blitzpig , you have no idea what you are talking about , please stop repeating that rubbish.
And if nothing will help we still have you
Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
The only one talking rubbish is you. Copyrights and intellectual property are a major issue for any developer ... Luthier did say before the russian release that their financial resources were too limited to either record their own samples. Not to speak of licensing external sound samples which tells me how FUBAR the situation in that "market" really is (read: too many greedy SOBs around).

Now, what we do on our own PCs is of course of no consequence to anyone but ourselves but for a company such as 1C the only really safe solution is to use own (self-made) stuff. Just to be absolutely sure you won't get sued by someone looking for a quick buck. Or have you forgotten "the Grumman incident"?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveplane View Post
dynamic or not it sounds like turds.
Dynamic poo.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
in my opinion the sounds are pretty good while inside the cockpit.and thats all i care for.
+1
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Hmmmm RR take Jafa to court for Merlin recording... same people spouting the same rubbish over and over csThor
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hmmmm RR take Jafa to court for Merlin recording... same people spouting the same rubbish over and over csThor
RR not the risk but rather whoever took the recording.