Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

The private investors on the film Flyboys:

"The film was financed privately outside the standard Hollywood studio circuit by a group of filmmakers and investors, including producer Dean Devlin and pilot David Ellison, son of Oracle Corp. founder Larry Ellison; both spent more than $60 million of their own money to make and market "Flyboys"."

"The film opened at #4 the box office with a total box office gross of $17,770,614.[18] On December 27, 2006, Variety named it one of the 10 biggest box office flops of the year, citing an estimated shortfall of $90 million.[19]"

I admire their enthusiasm and desire to make a film on the subject but they must have been mad to agree to such a cliche ridden cheesy script. Real film makers could have made 3 real films about WW1 and WW2 combat with that money
Old 03-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

The movie about the Red Baron...they kept calling the German Air force the Luftwaffe. I had to look it up on the computer just to confirm that in WWI, the German Air Force was not called the Luftwaffe. DAmn movie, giving me falsified facts.

It even says Luftwaffe in the discription on NETFLIX.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
The movie about the Red Baron...they kept calling the German Air force the Luftwaffe. I had to look it up on the computer just to confirm that in WWI, the German Air Force was not called the Luftwaffe. DAmn movie, giving me falsified facts.

It even says Luftwaffe in the discription on NETFLIX.
Films often refer to the us airforce as the usaf but it was the usaac till 47
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
Films often refer to the us airforce as the usaf but it was the usaac till 47
It was the USAAC till 1941, after, USAAF (1941-1947), and finally USAF in 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Army_Air_Corps
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks-81 View Post
It was the USAAC till 1941, after, USAAF (1941-1947), and finally USAF in 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Army_Air_Corps
If we get it mixed up on here what hope does Hollywood have of getting it right. A Hollywood that made a film called U571 and got the nationality wrong of the sub that captured an enigma code machine
Old 03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

my ps3 wouldnt accept games anymore.. thought it was corrupted so i formatted the HD. turns out it was corrupted but all i had to do was clean the blu ray lens to get games to work. bugger, i only had the 'fly 100 missions in il2' trophy left to get. i sure someone will find that amusing
Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezshumniy View Post
my ps3 wouldnt accept games anymore.. thought it was corrupted so i formatted the HD. turns out it was corrupted but all i had to do was clean the blu ray lens to get games to work. bugger, i only had the 'fly 100 missions in il2' trophy left to get. i sure someone will find that amusing
Im sure someone once posted a complete save file up on the forum that you can download and use. Won't get you your final trophy but at least get you load outs and aircraft.
As for amusing id call that a complete bitch!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

I will gladly send my Save file Game complete all unlocks plus P47 send me a msg with your email address and I will forward.

Like Gilly has pointed out you wont get any Bling but at leat you will have full range of aircraft and weapons .
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

To Gilly and Joed70.. thanks for the support. I will send my email Joed70 but theres no need to reply as ill explain.
to begin, the strange thing is, i lost all my trophies as i said, started again, got the 1st trophy in training.. noise and trophy thing came up on screen. i went to check the trophies again, 92%, back to where i was. im confused. now i have an even bigger problem, after cleaning the lens and it working fine <played dead rising 2 for 6 hrs and IL2 for another 2 or so hours after that> the ps3 decided kick the bucket, yellow light of death, turn it on, a yellow light and 3 beeps then a flashing red light after it shuts down.
Anyways, ill still copy the airshow vid and post it online as i said i would. Its just a shame i wont be able to go back to IL2 for a very long time, months, ill miss the flying and the friends ive made through IL2. I did complete my goal of mastering the G-10, so i think. Its the best 109 dogfighter i believe, fast, accurate and powerful cannon, able to be thrown around like a piece of toast and end marmite or vegemite side up and in control. Give it a try
Thanks to all that have helped me in this game, i passed it on and recommended this forum to those who may have needed help. *violin begin played* I`ll read the forum regularly as im always interested what others have to say.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezshumniy View Post
To Gilly and Joed70.. thanks for the support. I will send my email Joed70 but theres no need to reply as ill explain.
to begin, the strange thing is, i lost all my trophies as i said, started again, got the 1st trophy in training.. noise and trophy thing came up on screen. i went to check the trophies again, 92%, back to where i was. im confused. now i have an even bigger problem, after cleaning the lens and it working fine <played dead rising 2 for 6 hrs and IL2 for another 2 or so hours after that> the ps3 decided kick the bucket, yellow light of death, turn it on, a yellow light and 3 beeps then a flashing red light after it shuts down.
Anyways, ill still copy the airshow vid and post it online as i said i would. Its just a shame i wont be able to go back to IL2 for a very long time, months, ill miss the flying and the friends ive made through IL2. I did complete my goal of mastering the G-10, so i think. Its the best 109 dogfighter i believe, fast, accurate and powerful cannon, able to be thrown around like a piece of toast and end marmite or vegemite side up and in control. Give it a try
Thanks to all that have helped me in this game, i passed it on and recommended this forum to those who may have needed help. *violin begin played* I`ll read the forum regularly as im always interested what others have to say.
Sorry to hear you got the YLOD bez, but don't despair bro, it's possible for you to fix it yourself. It can be quite a challenge, but it is possible! Go browse YLOD - and the instructionvideos comes popping up. What you need is a cpl of screwdrivers, a heating-gun and some cooling-paste. And a bit of patience and good working-light... It's the CPU and the GPU that need a good work-over by the heating-gun and a new layer of paste. I've done it myself a cpl of times with good result. At least you get to keep all the good stuff on your disc. If you need further advise in the process just message me.