Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by it068 View Post
call of duty should release a game set in the desert war where you can play as British, Germans and Italians.
CoD 2? Even got to drive a Crusader
Old 04-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Default Men of War: Vietnam

This would be an excellent idea??? what do the gamers out in cyber space think.

I still think a game on the African continent with specifics to the Angolan war is a future game.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Registered Member

I suspect that'd be quite a cool idea for a combat sim (or game if you prefer to call it that) and it would certainly more original choice than the done to death WW2 genre.

Moreover, if anyone has never heard of UNITA, the FNLA or the MPLA, then they should not claim to be at all knowledgeable about history and warfare, because this was not a small war, it cost the lives of several million people and involved the United States, the Soviet Union as well as South Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Cuba. Thus I suspect the 'never heard of it' claims will largely be coming from people who know bugger all about anything unless there's been a Hollywood action movie about it.

So as for people claiming to be experts who say they've never heard of warfare in Angola (either the war of independence or the civil war), well, I think that tells you all you need to know about their level of expertise and knowledge. This is particularly true in view of the fact that the level of involvement and support offered in Angola by both the Soviet and US governments was often a mirror of their strategic and political strategies in relation to other proxy wars such as Vietnam.

But back to the prospect of a simulation of the conflict, I think it would be a case of 'if you build it, they will come'. so let's hope somebody does.

Al

Last edited by Chock; 04-20-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossw View Post
CoD 2? Even got to drive a Crusader
I seriously didn't know that! But sadly, COD 2 is too old for me
Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

It would be smart to include other areas of conflict instead of one area.

Having one area especially Angola, would not drive enough interest.

However Angola, Bay of Pigs, Lemnos, Inchon, etc…………would give a greater range of interest. I would love for the Bay of Pigs to be recreated. Or a what if scenarios like the USA taking over Cuba. Or the USSR attacking the USA, Great Britain, etc.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescrous View Post
Please look into doing a game on the Angolan South African Conflict, I enjoy the Men of War series very much& play it often. I would love to get a game on the Bushwar 1966 - 1989 of the Cuban/South African/Swapo War
Hi dude

We are a South Africa/namibia gamedevelopment studio currently making that game, we are 2 years in development with it. Our web site will be up & ready soon

http://nuk3team.com/ the site is currently empty, our plans is the make it public visible until we have our Demo ready

Take care

Project leader of Angola War
Xzalion

Last edited by xzalion; 06-22-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescrous View Post
Please look into doing a game on the Angolan South African Conflict, I enjoy the Men of War series very much& play it often. I would love to get a game on the Bushwar 1966 - 1989 of the Cuban/South African/Swapo War
A MoW game set here would kick ass. I'd also like to see the Soviets in Afghanistan in this series.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Chock,

Spoken like a true gamer, I support your logic 100%.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Question African conflicts

Well now that Men of War: Vietnam has seen the PC'S how about the African continent conflicts, I am sure that there will be many people out there that will enjoy this!!!

Come on 1C Company go ahead make my day, in fact week, month, year decade!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

I'm up for coding in new units etc as I've got experience from my work from adding more units to MOW: Vietnam, just to flag up I have no patience for maps or modelling etc but I'm fine with the coding, so if you do get something off the ground I'll see what I can do to help.

Last edited by FM_Thomas7; 12-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.