Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

View Poll Results: Moderators in the weekly update threads.
Moderators should intervene more in the update threads 194 70.80%
Moderators should intervene less in the update threads 11 4.01%
The present work of moderators is just fine 69 25.18%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I think that the moderation level in this forum is about right. There are only 2 or 3 member's who are abusing the system, and spaming the up-date thread with junk each week...we should turn the table on them, by spaming their PM folder with request to cease and desist.
+1

There's also the 'report post' button to make the moderators job easier.

Personally, I find 'Great Update!', 'Fantastic!' 'Thanks Oleg!' or even 'First!' or 'Damn, Second!' just as tedious as the personal attacks between members that inevitably crop up. I wouldn't dream of stopping them though, as they are at least positive and supportive.

If we can't be bothered trawling through posts to find something interesting/informative, lets do something else, such as fly a flight sim.
A good one, such as IL2 Sturmovik.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 11-17-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Repeat offenders should have text inserted by moderators beneath their avatars. "Resorts to personal attacks" "Unable to grasp WiP concept" and "Thread hijacker" to name but a few.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure if we need to be more severely moderated, but we should certainly have more severe moderation.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

I think now Its ok.

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
+1
Must drive Oleg mad having to trawl through 20 pages of rubbish just to find a legitimate question to answer!
+2

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

I've basically stopped reading update threads. Nowadays I just click Oleg's name and choose "Show all posts by Oleg Maddox".
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Personally, I find 'Great Update!', 'Fantastic!' 'Thanks Oleg!' or even 'First!' or 'Damn, Second!' just as tedious as the personal attacks between members that inevitably crop up. I wouldn't dream of stopping them though, as they are at least positive and supportive.
Well the 'Thanks Oleg' etc posts are positive, and I think they're worth posting, as I'm sure the developers like the fact that their work is appreciated (imagine if no one posted a thing, like we didn't give a stuff about the update). But people posting 'First!', 'Damn, Second' - what's that all about? I'd rather the mods just removed the post altogether.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

I agree with what Oleg said last week;
ask questions, supply answers if possible, give links if neccesary, be humble....something to that effect.
Surely that is all that is needed?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Personally, I find 'Great Update!', 'Fantastic!' 'Thanks Oleg!' or even 'First!' or 'Damn, Second!' just as tedious as the personal attacks between members that inevitably crop up.
If I did dream of stopping any posts, it would be all of the above without exception.

I actually voted the current moderation right, because I think it is, and I wouldn't want to see anything changed.

The elimination of the "this bit might be a bit wrong, perhaps?" posts to concentrate on the butt-kissing ones would entirely remove the point of the update threads for me.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Igo, I agree. Also, the majority of posts where users raise their concerns or post their own opinions are still very much applausing Oleg and co's work.
Normally it's along the lines of:
"excellent update, Oleg. I love the lighting in shot_ and the planes really do look photographic.
I was wondering___"

Closed Thread