Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

Bit more research and it would appear that the P51 is well of, but the patch will address this so for now i will let it go and just leave this as "current". When the patch is released i'll take up the new P51 and compare with the old P51

Pope, cheers for the offer mate, we'll have to get it sorted
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

I'm not worried about the P-51 at all. I'll just keep enjoying to kill them.

They are the most over rated plane in history, so people will not be happy with its performance no matter what patch comes out.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanB182 View Post

They are the most over rated plane in history, so people will not be happy with its performance no matter what patch comes out.

I think it might be "slightly" over rated, but that aside its still a nice plane to fly, it looks good and it did the job. It should be at least able to dogfight in some capacity.

As it is your fighting with the stick for control more than you are with the enemy.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanB182 View Post

dude, i'm getting a little tired of your pro-german, anti-american remarks. it's getting tired. i love that you're proud of your heritage, but if you love it so much why don't you move to germany? seriously, GTFO. i get so sick of people living in this country and hyping up whatever country they were born in or where their ancestors were born. if you love it so much, LEAVE.

the p-51 is the most over-rated plane in history? you're a tool. you tell me why your beloved luftwaffe aces both respected and feared p-51's... (just as much as p-51 pilots feared and respected the luftwaffe). they were great planes.

seriously, it was a RESPECTED fighter. yet you're so pro-german you can't see straight. i love 109's and 190's... they are GREAT. but to sit here and read your ignorant remarks makes me want to have your ass deported (if only i had the power).

Last edited by irrelevant; 10-26-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

I like the 109, 190, and P-51. But do either of you know which plane could wreck them both easily? YAK-3!!!!! (Now how's that for some hype )
Old 10-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Even after the patch the P-51 won't be able to turn and burn a spit, you've got to fly it with the right tactics. BnZ is the way to go mostly. I really can't wait for the patch. As much as I complain about some of the game's shortcomings, I'm still pumped to get back in the cockpit and light up some german ass with the P-51.

Slightly more on topic: FOZ I think it's great that your doing these tests, keep 'em up, it will be interesting to see if we can find any other quirks in the flight model.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I like the 109, 190, and P-51. But do either of you know which plane could wreck them both easily? YAK-3!!!!! (Now how's that for some hype )
LOL! now you're enthusiasm makes me smile...

i love using the YAK-3 in MP... absolutely lovely plane to fly. i mostly use the BF series and YAK-3... until the patch comes out, at which point I hope to use the FW-190 and P-51.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant View Post
dude, i'm getting a little tired of your pro-german, anti-american remarks. it's getting tired. i love that you're proud of your heritage, but if you love it so much why don't you move to germany? seriously, GTFO. i get so sick of people living in this country and hyping up whatever country they were born in or where their ancestors were born. if you love it so much, LEAVE.

the p-51 is the most over-rated plane in history? you're a tool. you tell me why your beloved luftwaffe aces both respected and feared p-51's... (just as much as p-51 pilots feared and respected the luftwaffe). they were great planes.

seriously, it was RESPECTED fighter. yet you're so pro-german you can't see straight. i love 109's and 190's... they are GREAT. but to sit here and read your ignorant remarks makes me want to have your ass deported (if only i had the power).
Dude, you really need to take a chill pill. The Mustang ALWAYS wins every comparison I have seen on TV. Including the show "Top Tens". How could it beat the Spitfire? Just because it had range, people think of it as Gods gift to mankind.

I never even said it was a BAD plane...its very good. But that does not mean its not highly over rated.

Some people seem to think it should handle like a UFO and fly at mach 2 just because its a MUSTANG. And by some people, I mean the casual person who watches the history channel or other programs every now and then. They all tend to make it seem like the be all end all plane, and its not.

And please dont question my patriotism, you dont even know me. I have to love the mustang or I am not American enough for you? I should be deported?

Two words for you: GROW UP

I can't help it that my two favorite American planes are not in the game...and I love them both.

Narrowminded people like you give America a bad name. Thats why others call Americans arrogant.

I am just saying that there are many planes equal to...or better than the stang.

Dont tell me to respect a plane, when You cant even respect the opinions of someone else.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Have either of you realized, that the 109s perform better at lower altitudes than at higher altitudes like they should?

(Actually, I think I got that somewhere off the Suggestion to Devs thread, but none the less.)
Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

I don't really pay much attention to the TV shows... and no, I don't need to take a chill pill. Almost every post you make denounces American planes, even when the OP isn't doing anything to hype them.

I don't need to grow up either. I could care less if you don't love the P-51... but at least show it some damn respect (kind of like I respect the 109 and Hartmann).

Narrowminded, you have got to be kidding me. You know very little about me. Am I running around touting America and nothing else? No. I'm criticizing your blatant pro-german attitude. NOT ONCE have I seen you show any respect for what YOUR COUNTRY did in the war. Two words: get out. Seriously... move to Germany.

And for the record, you were not saying anything was equal to the 'stang. You called it the most over-rated plane in history. You did not say anything about how the Mustang compares to a Spit, 109, or 190. You just piss down the throat of whatever strengths the plane had and eagerly dismiss it as shit.