Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
I have been very frustrated because of the following:

1. I paid full price and received half a game. In fact, before CLoDs release we were teased with many features (like pilot animation) that never made it into the game.

2. The developers have either not communicated at all or grossly misrepresented the progress of the promised fixes and game enhancements. All credibility is gone and it’s their fault, not ours.

3. We who love combat flight sims waited for years for CloD to be released and hoped it was going to be the Holy Grail of the genre. Instead we got a half finished, buggy mess with no solution or logical path for its completion. And instead of dedicating EVERY available resource to getting it fixed and delivery the game we were promised and paid for, we're getting updates on the sequel that I for one will never buy.
Spot on !!!!

Your #1 statement is the reason why? Traditionally, folks get paid on Friday and not Monday.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
HI!

well this who i am and this is all i have left to say. im not going to post anymore in this forums, become they dont serve their purpose anymore ( we cant communicate with the developers, nor they communicate with us. so... )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=iBNe7DjXjpU#!

pardon my english.

and bye all!
Manche Leute nehmen sich selbst einfach zu wichtig. Pardon my german.

Bye.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

1. I paid full price and received half a game. In fact, before CLoDs release we were teased with many features (like pilot animation) that never made it into the game.

2. The developers have either not communicated at all or grossly misrepresented the progress of the promised fixes and game enhancements. All credibility is gone and it’s their fault, not ours.

3. We who love combat flight sims waited for years for CloD to be released and hoped it was going to be the Holy Grail of the genre. Instead we got a half finished, buggy mess with no solution or logical path for its completion. And instead of dedicating EVERY available resource to getting it fixed and delivery the game we were promised and paid for, we're getting updates on the sequel that I for one will never buy.
Well said but i will probably buy the sequel because i'm stupid and still have an ounce of hope. If that hope is crushed with the sequel, then i'm done with the game permanently.

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Fair play OP youve got a point but no point in posting it here, your get the same replys as any other bashing this game or defending it for that matter..
Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
So constantly asking the same questions that have been answered time and time again helps? Constantly bitching about things helps? You've been told they are completely re-writing the graphics engine, hired an AI guy, working on FM's, working on the sequel, that they are planning on working on this sim for years to come like the other IL2.

So coming here crying like a 10 year old is helping things? They are working on the major issues with the game. What more do you people want? Do you need your hand held every second for you to know this? Grow up.

It's them who messed it up, not us. So I don't have to pray for his kindness to give us a patch. They've misled us, long before the release. And I have the strong feeling they're still hiding the truth.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

What ever you can say abt being childish etc... at least he did express his opinion in mature way and in a language we can all understand.

Even if individually we can't agree with all what he says, still it is a constructive comment only by this way.

So thumbs up PuPo.

I hope however you will change your mind soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggz View Post
C'mon peeps. They are re-writing almost the whole game and this alone doesn't make a bell ring in your head?

Even though the release probably was a desperate move doesn't mean it was the right move. I have to agree with the OP to a certain level.

The game wasn't even close to finished at release and still it's being defended. It doesn't matter if it's been mentioned a hundred times. It's still the fekkin truth.

I gotta say. Flightsim communitys are the pickiest in the world but god are they forgiving when it comes to defending the genre they love.
Oh... I thought the years of developemental updates showing virtually all the features we see today with a big "WIP" stamped on them showed me the sim wasn't finished. Words like "place holder" and "not optimized" really rang my bell back then. I take it you never looked at the years of updates before buying? It's kinda like the same people that are crying over the tanks/AAA/vehicles, when Oleg was shown manning and firing a AAA gun 5 years ago, vehicles over 3 years ago.

Perhaps you should have paid attention to the years of updates? Or maybe you should have waited to purchase until some reviews were out? The writing was on the wall for a heck of a long time. The reason people like me defend it is because we know it's going to be supported just like the old sim was. That means the major problems getting fixed/finished etc. Just like the updates have said the dev team is working on.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

All your points are redundant and non constructive at this time, we all paid the same amount, we all have the same game. At some point guys bitching about the same things ends up being worse than any problems the game has.

Jump on the ATAG servers, I am having a blast there, minus getting shot down all the time
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Oh... I thought the years of developemental updates showing virtually all the features we see today with a big "WIP" stamped on them showed me the sim wasn't finished. Words like "place holder" and "not optimized" really rang my bell back then. I take it you never looked at the years of updates before buying? It's kinda like the same people that are crying over the tanks/AAA/vehicles, when Oleg was shown manning and firing a AAA gun 5 years ago, vehicles over 3 years ago.

Perhaps you should have paid attention to the years of updates? Or maybe you should have waited to purchase until some reviews were out? The writing was on the wall for a heck of a long time. The reason people like me defend it is because we know it's going to be supported just like the old sim was. That means the major problems getting fixed/finished etc. Just like the updates have said the dev team is working on.
Nothing was shown early that depicted the mess this game was in at release. The is a HUGE difference in performance issues,bugs or poor AI compared to features that doesn't work at all or even missing. They re-wrote parts of the GUI, they are re-writing the sound engine, radio commands, graphics engine and what not. Now show me one video or even a pre-view depicting that mess.
As i see it, all the WIP was indeed the final product. If it was so they should have stamped it final, not WIP. Period!

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.

Last edited by Raggz; 03-19-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Awww bless, he looks about ready to cry.