Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Multiplayer Mode

Multiplayer Mode All discussions and questions about MP

Old 02-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
Yeah American armour are a bit OP while German and soviet are under powered due to balance I guess (especially the Zis-2 gun - it was among the finest AT guns in WW2), but otherwise you are wrong. problem is you don't understand the mechanics of the game fandragon, you just have to play more.

tips: Check out the description for each tank and unit. Just make a server just with yourself in it, and right click on all the different units.
I guess your right...I must not understand the penetration mechanics for this game. Soo...I have been playing this game and messing in the editor. As of late ive modded a KV1 to 150mm of frontal armor Also gave it a gun that has insane penetration. Then I test it out with me as the controller vs some T34/85s I had modded. Improved the armor to 90 upped the gun a bit. Im currently in the editor on some random mission im messing w/ I have a T34 and my KV1. My Penetration numbers towards the T34 are like at 80m range a 135 Green or so and the armor of the T34 is 90mm frontal. My shell goes and bounces over and over and over. Then the T34's set up against me at the same 80m range is 112 Red into my 150mm yet it goes through or blows out my engine which is a 100 on the armor. Then on the same note if I simply put my self in the same T34, same setup, everything. The KV will blow me away like im an infantry guy getting hit w/ a Katyusha rocket.....so yeah...All in all I would like to know or have some understanding as to how this game generates its To Kill rolls b/c im friggin pretty annoyed at me having some insanly high To Kill number and bouncing or having far superior Armor and dying to a gun that doenst even have the TK # it needs to go through...
Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

Great discussion going on here, thought I might hop in. So, with the Tiger, what I find really weird is how the Panthers 75mm gun has better penetrating characteristics than the Tigers 88mm gun, which, if im not mistaken, is an adapted version of a Flak 88. But then when you look at the Rhino/Nashorn, Jagdpanther, Elephant, and King Tiger, which are all armed with a similar 88mm guns of some sort, they all bear equal penetration. How exactly does this work? I mean, sure, guns of varying power don't always result in the largest calibre weapon winning, but really? I really doubt weapons that were all adapted from the same original gun would have such a difference in penetration. Now for Axis armour in general, didnt they have out of the world crazy suspension systems way ahead of the era, so quite a few of their tanks had perfect firing accuracy when on the move? Furthermore MoW doesnt take into account the superior optics of German armour, which should impact how far they can see, maybe some form of ''clarity of vision'' or some other characteristic to be applied to the game. Also, I find alot of the time when it's green penetration, you fire, and you stare in dismay as the shot bounces off. I think thats just one of those One-in-a-Million shots, but then again, I did witness a T34/85 pump 3 rounds into the side of my KT at 20 meters, before being clobbered by a hastily summoned Nashorn... Three ''One in a million'' shots in a row? Anyways, Men of War is still by far the ABSOLUTE KING of all RTS games, in realism, fun, uber ownageness, playability, and even the somewhat befuddling mechanics at times, are still a large portion of what makes this, hands down, the best. Anyone that plays this and doesnt agree really needs to re-evaluate and look at what other games they play and how they compare with MoW. Furthermore, is anyone here a big fan of the Nashorn? I found it really effective AT, but huge problem I wasnt able to overcome was rapid micromanagement of it and other units at the same time, due to its paper armour. Lastly, I dont understand the Jagdtiger, its massive 128mm gun has worse penetrating capability than an 88, and alot of people say its worse than the KT, which overtime ive kinda seen, anyone here like it?

Last edited by LawL LawL; 03-26-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Default Noobs!

All tanks are good and have their disadvantages, and for only newcomers say there is an ultimate Tank in the game. And even the tiger is in the hand of a prof a good Tank but thats hard to play with tiger^^
Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

@Lawl Lawl

Nope, not a fan of any of the Assault Gun vehicles, Stug, JagdTiger, Nash...any of them. As for the 88mm Gun, in RL the 75 does have higher penetration then the Tiger's 88. The King Tiger and Nashorn actually have a better, longer KwK43 or something..its quite a bit better.

As for the Tiger in this game...its pretty bad. Its gun doesnt have Penetration much higher then a M4A1 Sherman 75mm gun.....at 50 the Tiger is like 92. At 50 the Sherman's is like 74 or so....Meanwhile the 76mm on the Brit tank at 50 is like 135 or something. Also, the Tiger, i have yet to hit one and have it NOT blow up.....IM afraid of that thing.....if its mine....
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
All tanks are good and have their disadvantages, and for only newcomers say there is an ultimate Tank in the game. And even the tiger is in the hand of a prof a good Tank but thats hard to play with tiger^^
THing is that most tanks in MoW lack powerfull guns. See this short video of a T34 shooting a Panther in the flank. Sorry for the low resolution. It might be a birt hard to recognize. But the first shoot hits the flank of the Panther doing no damage at all just to see it rotate and shoot the T34 in flames.

The tanks particularly the ones using medium / large guns like 85, 88, 122 and 152mm should be a lot more powerfull when they hit the side of tanks. Particularly such weak armored tanks like the panther. While it had good front armor even the 76mm of the T34 could already penetrate its side from I think 1000m. (mabye less I dont know it for sure, but at least the 85mm definetly can). Sadly I experience such situations as well with shooting the IS2, IS1 and KV85 flank with the Tiger I for example. Even the slightest angle can mean here issues which doesnt feel that believable to me even when thinking about it that the range of all guns is downsized for gameplay reasons the 88mm has a strong punch and should even on max distance (if you hit) penetrate always and do damage except of course for really bad angles. The only tank where I see taking damage to the side from the Tiger I sufficiently is the T34 in all its variants.

Last edited by Crni vuk; 04-21-2010 at 11:14 PM.