Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 09-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

It uses your hero's leadership to determine the leadership value of the summoned dragons plus a much smaller increase based on the actual number of troops.

That's why I played so long with just single stacks as 1 Dragon Rider could summon several times the number of a single rider.

/C\/C\
Old 09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

I actually was able to max my Dragon Riders - I think I had about 40 or so of them. Let's see I remember breaking them into 3 stacks of 9 and 2 stacks of 8 (or it might have been the other way around so that is 42 to 43 of them) for the Whitehill fights (since my ArchDemons would get damaged by their Geysers).

Once you get the False Princesses, you should be able to generate as many as you can afford. I think I got like 50 False Princesses from Feline and I had about 5 left if memory serves.

They were split into 3 stacks of 13 or 14 or so and they did insane damage with their Dive and the halving ability. Plus they'd summon stacks of 10 - 14 dragons of various types.

I actually enjoyed playing them, but as has been mentioned a lot, they are overpowered. Nonetheless, I don't see a reason to change them (except maybe have the summon leadership based on their numbers and not your hero's leadership).

/C\/C\
Old 09-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Well, they still cost 100k a pop We do no-loss, so we have insane amounts of gold, but if you play normally and have to replace units regularly after each battle, the cash required might become a problem. Even within the no-loss game, I felt that the devs intentionally made the player pay insane amounts of cash for simple stuff (as I saw my purse going empty as well on a few occasions), just to limit them from becoming overpowered very quickly. Too many quests require you to drop 50k here, 100k there, or a 500k to bribe the school director in Inselburg into selling you 5 real princesses.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Yep, you're right - there's a fine balance here as I ended up with 10M gold at the end of the game.

I was ultra-cheap, though, and didn't use much Blackie Teleportation until the end of the game (although you'd probably only spend 50-100k from all the teleports). I guess I had some nostalgia for the sailing days!

I was really raking the gold in in Helvedia (and experience, too) as it seemed like some battles were almost 100k a pop.

I think if you go the Dragon Rider route, you have to ensure that you don't lose any - 100k a pop is too expensive to lose one.

Pretty much most other losses can be handled by Recruiter or Puppeteer if you do it right.

/C\/C\
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the explanation, Matt. I was scratching my head a bit on that one.

My feeling with Dragon Riders was that they were just way overpowered, even with one stack. Yeah, you could play with all Dragon Riders split into different stacks but it'd be too easy.

I only ended up with 7 mil at the end of my game, but I could have had way more had I actually sold unwanted items instead of destroying them for crystals. So I think past a certain level gold is just a non-issue in this game, even on Impossible.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Yah - I didn't sell any items either, in fact I bought every single one since I needed them for Crystals just like you.

I did do every item upgrade fight, so that probably got me quite a bit of extra gold here and there. I also was raking it in when I was in Helvedia.

You know, I think before I finally got more Dragon Riders, I had single stacks of them summoning like 7 or 8 dragons a pop. It was ridiculous.

My ArchDemons would distract with their Volcanoes and the Dragon Riders would summon 3 random dragon stacks. Then the fun would ensue.

/C\/C\