Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 10-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
I never bothered with kamikaze, seemed like it does hardly any damage (like 300?!?). maybe it gets higher depending on your intelligence, but i never scribed it to my spell book (I was a warrior so..)
Damage spells don't work for warriors. My warrior has like 6 int, and considering each intelligence point adds 10% damage, you can imagine what those spells do with a 25 int mage
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Fire Rain and Geyser do wonders (if at 3rd level). Especially if you can use spells twice per turn.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBa View Post
I didnt get this spell till lvl 22. untill then a battle required strategy, I changed units, used different spell, etc. Strong was Strong and Impossible was really almost Impossible, every battle was different.

Hypnosis spell just unbalanced the game, especially when combining with Sacrifice. All the battles are the same (Im sure I dont need to describe them)and I can easily win an impossible battle.
I can decide NOT to use this spell but it is just not the same as not having it (its like mutilation or lying to yourself).

I think it should be remove in the next patch.
Am I the only one having this problem ?
Lets see you get the hypnosis spell on Impossible difficulty + all the rest of the things that makes it so unbalanced in your opinion, than talk.

Normal difficulty is for normal people.
Impossible is only for the select few elite.
Just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Well i just spamm fire rain x2, then use rage drain from reaper, then i put defense on my all my units but ranged ones, I build barricades around ranged units either frost or rock, leave my tanks outside, spamm more fire rain, and once again and fight is over ;P and i hardly loose any units
Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

well i must admit that normal is really cheap

i used demoness (pretty awesome fighter with that ring which gives you +3 attack, defense, speed and initiative, so you're pretty sure to always attack first) to teleport the orc veteran which counter strikes. and additionally i use fire rain and soul drain to decrease enemy stack and then hypnosis. so within the first round you have too big stacks next to your enemy and one stack of the enemy next to your units at the starting point. if you are lucky you can kill at least 2 stacks within the first round and thats it. near the end of 2nd round, after hitting the enemy with your level-4 orc unit (here you can use fit for energy, that means you hit your enemy up to 3x in he first round and up to 5 times in the second round, including counterstrike and retaliation), you use demon gate and have your full stack back. nothing left from your enemy.

especiall the AI is not very clever and attacks his own unit which you used hypnosis on.

counterstrike is really very useful since you attack an enemy twice with your unit and another time when it retaliates, so theres not much left from that stack.

with that strategy i had almost no casualties in later game on normal mode. but as said, normal is pretty easy.

Last edited by laffwis; 10-22-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

I made an improved AI mod which at least teaches the AI not to attack its own units that are hypnotized. It makes hypnosis just "very good" instead of "cheap".
Old 10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Dropping a Phoenix in middle of the enemy + glot's armor is kinda effective too with a ranged army.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahh View Post
Well i just spamm fire rain x2, then use rage drain from reaper, then i put defense on my all my units but ranged ones, I build barricades around ranged units either frost or rock, leave my tanks outside, spamm more fire rain, and once again and fight is over ;P and i hardly loose any units
hmmmmmm

Sounds boring ,but well thought out.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm running around the Elven Isles and there is little my Fire Rains+Hypnosis+Demon Portal cannot handle. My poor paladin was running scared through the same area because any fight he went into would have guarantee losses. (Even with phantom green dragons)

I suppose that's the major difference, hypnosis and portals and phantoms if you're that way inclined remove hits from your units.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saridu View Post
I'm running around the Elven Isles and there is little my Fire Rains+Hypnosis+Demon Portal cannot handle. My poor paladin was running scared through the same area because any fight he went into would have guarantee losses. (Even with phantom green dragons)

I suppose that's the major difference, hypnosis and portals and phantoms if you're that way inclined remove hits from your units.
I've just started a new game on hard level using Paladin
Doh!