Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

Mandea is absolutely right, the game is translated not only to English, but also to french, German, Italian, Spanish and etc. And as there are a lot of dialogs the work can't be done very fast.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Sorry Nike-it and Mandea, but i have to disagree. Having lived in Taiwan for 10 years and being a reasonably fluent speaker of Chinese, I have done a fair amount of translating and proof reading over that time. Speaking from a translation perspective, there's not much more than about 1000 words different from KB:TL and this would take any competent translator far less than a week to accomplish.

So.......

Last edited by travelingoz; 06-30-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Typos!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

I have to disagree. things aren't as easy as they seem. they have no reason to further delay the game. I don't know if there are only 1000 words, and neither do you (for sure). and besides we don't know how many languages the game will be translated to.

well, you can further disagree, but the only thing that matters is the moment we will get the game. ant it's not too soon, no matter the reasons.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Mandea, unless they only have one person doing all the translations (that would be some linguistic feat!), there is no reason for this to take longer than a week.

There are more than 1000 words but defintely no more than 1000 new words in the new release.

Make whatever excuses you like to keep yourself happy...
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
Mandea, unless they only have one person doing all the translations (that would be some linguistic feat!), there is no reason for this to take longer than a week.

There are more than 1000 words but defintely no more than 1000 new words in the new release.

Make whatever excuses you like to keep yourself happy...
There are much more then 1000 words, that's for sure
And remember, that the text in KB contains a lot of gags and other hard to translate things. And if you do translations, you should know that simple translation of separate words won't make good sentences The work is really hard.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

I'm not happy, but I don't like accusing without proof.
I played KB for 9 times, so I have high expectations from this game. better latter than never

It's pretty obvious you like arguing. not with me, please.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

Mandea i am not trying to be argumentitive with you. I am simply pointing out as someone who has done translation work before and continues to do so that it shouldn't take a competent translator more than a week to translate the new words from KB:AP.
I also played KB:TL many times and i have been playing KB:AP (Full Version) for over a month now.
These are facts no accusations there.
As to the reasons why 1C are delaying the release.... the only logical one i can come up with is that it would be quite time-consuming and expensive to patch the game in multiple languages so they are delaying the release so they wont have to do that. This is also not an accusation. It's speculation.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

The translation is only a possible reason for delay, there may be many others, but I'm not aware so I tried avoiding talking about them. We should take into consideration the fact that they need money (now more then ever), so I don't think they would delay the game should it not be for serious reasons.

and as far as I know, the translation is not an official excuse. anyway, you can play it as you already said, so what is the problem?

Last edited by Mandea; 06-30-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Well i think they should let us fans know what the "serious" problems are if there are any. NOT give us this rubbish about translations!

And yes Nike-it, good translations are more than just substituting words. But they still don't take months for a few pages of text!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Well translating isnt so simple especialy if they come from diffrent family of languages ... like slovian -> german/english. Also we have idioms which in different languages are completly different .Same for gauges - some are funny in language A but in language B they dont.