Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

I must say you did a good job with the translations, I've noticed a few spelling errors and some of it could use a bit of grammatical touch-up (punctuation and word order in some places). Other than that there are some artistic considerations of note, for instance renaming Darks into something else, for instance Darklings, Terrors, Wraiths or something in that manner, and maybe Spiritists into Ritualists or Summoners. Also, I don't know what Zlogns are but it sounds funny and the name doesn't really "roll off the tongue" (like schlong or something).

I'll give it a more thorough look later when I find the time if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Darklings if U wish. Zlogns are....umm...quest items in Ellinia (elven land) those dark purple thingies. You can feed 'em to a small funny animal (quest-item)....they are called Zlogns in Russian

btw the icy thorns are almost ready...i'm trying to apply a specular map to the model...it's the only reason of delay
Old 12-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Oh, I had a feeling it was that, I think they're called Evilins in English.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Sadly there's no way to add spec_mask to a model for now. So the icy thorn is far from perfect. But it's ready Now...compressing textures and voila
Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

can u make one for the 1,6,5 version

i can't play with the 1,7

plz dude
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

ummm...1.6.5 wasn't released in Russia ^_^ we have 1.6.4-->1.7

So I'll request a few files from someone on this forum to get a look at them. Probably 1.6.5 (Atari version) is the same that 1.7.0 (Nobilis version) in its scripting part. If it's true then you'll be able to use mod for v1.7. If not...I'll make it for both for 1.7 and 1.6.5

4 modders: this mod uses KBMaster (credits to NyRe). A compatibility mod that allows to use multiple mods with files replacement (arena.lua, spells.lua etc.) so...I'll describe it later.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

1.6.5 and 1.7 should be the same
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Finally finished v1.2.1 of my mod Now it's time to sleep a bit. Still waiting for someone's edit
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

I tried my best - but stil I feel that
1.) you did pretty well
2.) I did not always knew what exactly you are describing so I could mis-understood your original though

Code:
“Using hidden ways of the world Darks can cross 3-4 hexes in a moment”
You wanted to say : “ using hidden ways of Dark World can pass 3-4 hexes at once.” ?
Or:
“Using secret word of Dark can pass 3-4 hexes at once.” ?

also there should be added "he/it/she is can pass..."

mod_army_of_dark_name=Army of Darkness
mod_army_of_dark_author=Lestas

itm_death_manual_name=Forbidden Book
itm_death_manual_taken=Forsaken Book
itm_death_manual_minfo=Cursed Book
itm_death_manual_mhint=Book of Death
itm_death_manual_info=By using this book you can reveal all secrets and mysteries of the underworld. But the price is your soul. Only the strongest ones can survive the ritual of Darkness.
itm_death_manual_hint=Ancient book of forbidden knowledge.<br><br>[sys]Usage:<br>[d]transforms Archmages into Adepts of Darkness [u](you must have Archmages in your army)<br>[d]transforms Alchemists into Demolishers[u](you must have Alchemists in your army).<br>[d]transforms Orc Shamans into Ritualists[u](you must have Shamans in your army)<br>[d]transforms Dryads into Ice Nymphs [u](you must have Dryads in your Army)<br>[d]Transforms one kind of units per use

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dwarfrost=Frost Needles
cpn_darkmage=Adept of Darkness
cpsn_darkmage=Adepts of Darkness
cpn_dark=Darkling //Shadow Servant? or Stalker?
cpsn_dark=Darklings 
cpn_evilgenius=Demolisher /or Destroyer? Or Armageddonist? 
cpsn_evilgenius=Demolishers
cpn_kamikaze_ram=Bomb-o-Ram
cpsn_kamikaze_ram=Bomb-o-Rams
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist 
cpsn_spiritist=Ritualists
cpn_hint_dwarfrost=Frost Needles // Soul eaters? – the coldness penetrates all armor and inflict direct damage to the victim’s soul :)

globstr_1972821248=Do you want to teach your troops, giving their souls to Darkness?<br><br>(Usually only half of the troops survive the Initiation Ritual)
soulmaster_header=^def_hint_t0^Soul Lord
soulmaster_hint=^def_hint_t1^Killing an enemy they split their souls and bodies turning their corpses into Evilins. Adepts can use Evilins in their dark rituals.
resurrect_header=^def_hint_t0^Sold the Soul
resurrect_hint=^def_hint_t1^Their souls are taken by Darkness when they die and their bodies would turn to Evilins.
dark_header=^def_hint_t0^Darkborn
dark_hint=^def_hint_t1^Born by Darkness, Darks are immune to poisons and astral, but they are vulnerable to fire and light. Their defense drops to 1 in daytime, bright sun will cause deadly damage.<br>Killing enemy troops, Darks will born a Evilin.

ev_kamikaze_header=^def_hint_t0^Walking bomb // or Semtex Soul ? or Ka-boom Curse?
ev_kamikaze_hint=^def_hint_t1^Dies after landing its attack. If Bomb-o-Ram stops near an enemy unit it explodes dealing damage to all nearby creatures.

ev_mechanical_header=^def_hint_t0^Mechanical
ev_mechanical_hint=^def_hint_t1^Can move only in a straight direction. Ignores traps. Immune to magic and Mind, Plague and some other effects.

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Creation of Darkness // Spawn of Darkness, Spawn of Hell? Or “Death Machine”?
ev_darkchild_hint=^def_hint_t1^Mechanism using the power of Evilin. After its destruction a Evilin will be left at the battlefield.

spirit_master_header=^def_hint_t0^Spirit master
spirit_master_hint=^def_hint_t1^Attacks by a spiritual energy. Creatures non-immune to mind attacks driven by the evil spirits  will step away from the place they are standing.

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Bulb // well, BULB evokes for me harmless light bulb – but as I don’t know what was your original intend/ picture , I can’t suggest much here
special_blast_bulb_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units with burning effects.

special_dark_bulb_name=Death Water
special_dark_bulb_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 10-30 astral damage to target and nearby units causing poison.

special_summon_ram_name=Create a Bomb-o-Ram
special_summon_ram_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_summon_ram_hint=^special_t^Creates a few kamikaze rams.

special_shiva_song_name=Song of Shiva
special_shiva_song_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Deals 1-2 damage to all enemies with freezes effect. Allied troops have only 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_name=Ice Prison
special_ice_jail_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Deals 8-11 physical damage to target, surrounding him with ice needles. Freezes fiery creatures.

special_fire_disaster_name=Fire Disaster
special_fire_disaster_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_fire_disaster_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units.

special_lightning_barrier_name=Lightning Barrier
special_lightning_barrier_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Deals 25-30 magical damage to all creatures around selected ally unit possibly shocking them.

cpi_driad_feat=Undead, Soars, No retaliation, Beauty, Charms, Sold the Soul.
cpi_spiritist_feat=Undead, Spirit Master, Sold the Soul.
cpi_evilgenius_feat=Undead, Acid Cannon, No melee penalty, Sold the Soul.
cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Creation of Darkness.
cpi_darkmage_feat=Undead, Magical defense, Vampirism, Soul Lord, Sold the Soul.
cpi_darkwarrior_feat=Undead, Phantom, Vampirism, Insane, Darkborn.

special_zlogn_name=Dark Ritual
special_zlogn_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_zlogn_hint=^special_t^Sacrifices a corpse of living being to Darkness. Summoning Evilin a piece of pure Darkness.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Summons Darks, the almost invincible warriors of Darkness, but with weakness to Light.
sw_zlogn=There are no evilins or corpses to start the Ritual.

special_decay_name=Dark Reign
special_decay_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_decay_small=^special_t^Defense is lowered to 1.
special_decay_hint=^special_t^Adept uses Dark Magic to make enemy more vulnerable for attacks of the Army of Darkness. Target's defense becomes equal 1.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on ally Adept:</color><br>Selected Adept will consume all the Evilins on the battlefield, empowering his magic. No charges will be used, each consumed Evilin will give an addititonal charge.

special_dark_name=Dark Star
special_dark_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes enemy with a star of pure evil dealing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of star doubles with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened Star will burn one of the collected Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin causing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin
effect_zlogn_head=^special_tC^[Good]
effect_zlogn_small=^special_t^Evilins collected: <gen=gen_zlogn_count>.

special_darkway_name=Dark Way
special_darkway_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Using hidden ways of the world Darks can cross 3-4 hexes in a moment.

w8ing for your edit  - just replied

Last edited by Gatts; 12-04-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Code:
mod_army_of_dark_name=Army of Darkness
mod_army_of_dark_author=Lestas, Ayven

itm_death_manual_name=^?^Forsaken Book
itm_death_manual_taken=^?^
itm_death_manual_minfo=^?^
itm_death_manual_mhint=^?^
itm_death_manual_info=^?^By using this book you can reveal all secrets and mysteries of the underworld. But the price is your soul. Only the strongest ones can survive the ritual of Darkness.
itm_death_manual_hint=^?^Ancient book of forbidden knowledge.<br><br>[sys]Usage:<br>[d]transforms Archmages into Adepts of Darkness [u](you must have Archmages in your army)<br>[d]transforms Alchemists into Demolishers[u](you must have Alchemists in your army).<br>[d]transforms Orc Shamans into Ritualists[u](you must have Shamans in your army)<br>[d]transforms Dryads into Ice Nymphs [u](you must have Dryads in your Army)<br>[d]Transforms one kind of units per use

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dwarfrost=Frost Needles
cpn_darkmage=Adept of Darkness
cpsn_darkmage=Adepts of Darkness
cpn_dark=Darkling
cpsn_dark=Darklings 
cpn_evilgenius=Demolisher
cpsn_evilgenius=Demolishers
cpn_kamikaze_ram=Bomb-o-Ram
cpsn_kamikaze_ram=Bomb-o-Rams
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist 
cpsn_spiritist=Ritualists
cpn_hint_dwarfrost=Frost Needles

globstr_1972821248=Do you want to teach your troops, giving their souls to Darkness?<br><br>(Usually only half of the troops survive the Initiation Ritual)
soulmaster_header=^def_hint_t0^Soul Lord
soulmaster_hint=^def_hint_t1^Killing an enemy they split their souls and bodies turning their corpses into Evilins. Adepts can use Evilins in their dark rituals.
resurrect_header=^def_hint_t0^Sold the Soul
resurrect_hint=^def_hint_t1^Their souls are taken by Darkness when they die and their bodies would turn to Evilins.
dark_header=^def_hint_t0^Darkborn
dark_hint=^def_hint_t1^Born by Darkness, Darks are immune to poisons and astral, but they are vulnerable to fire and light. Their defense drops to 1 in daytime, bright sun will cause deadly damage.<br>Killing enemy troops, Darks will born a Evilin.

ev_kamikaze_header=^def_hint_t0^Walking bomb
ev_kamikaze_hint=^def_hint_t1^Dies after landing its attack. If Bomb-o-Ram stops near an enemy unit it explodes dealing damage to all nearby creatures.

ev_mechanical_header=^def_hint_t0^Mechanical
ev_mechanical_hint=^def_hint_t1^Can move only in a straight direction. Ignores traps. Immune to magic and Mind, Plague and some other effects.

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Spawn of Darkness
ev_darkchild_hint=^def_hint_t1^Mechanism using the power of Evilin. After its destruction a Evilin will be left at the battlefield.

spirit_master_header=^def_hint_t0^Spirit master
spirit_master_hint=^def_hint_t1^Attacks by a spiritual energy. Creatures non-immune to mind attacks driven by the evil spirits  will step away from the place they are standing.

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Fluid
special_blast_bulb_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units with burning effects.

special_dark_bulb_name=Death Water
special_dark_bulb_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 10-30 astral damage to target and nearby units causing poison.

special_summon_ram_name=Create a Bomb-o-Ram
special_summon_ram_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_summon_ram_hint=^special_t^Creates a few kamikaze rams.

special_shiva_song_name=Song of Shiva
special_shiva_song_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Deals 1-2 damage to all enemies with freezes effect. Allied troops have only 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_name=Ice Prison
special_ice_jail_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Deals 8-11 physical damage to target, surrounding him with ice needles. Freezes fiery creatures.

special_fire_disaster_name=Fire Disaster
special_fire_disaster_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_fire_disaster_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units.

special_lightning_barrier_name=Lightning Barrier
special_lightning_barrier_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Deals 25-30 magical damage to all creatures around selected ally unit possibly shocking them.

cpi_driad_feat=Undead, Soars, No retaliation, Beauty, Charms, Sold the Soul.
cpi_spiritist_feat=Undead, Spirit Master, Sold the Soul.
cpi_evilgenius_feat=Undead, Acid Cannon, No melee penalty, Sold the Soul.
cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Spawn of Darkness.
cpi_darkmage_feat=Undead, Magical defense, Vampirism, Soul Lord, Sold the Soul.
cpi_darkwarrior_feat=Undead, Phantom, Vampirism, Insane, Darkborn.

special_zlogn_name=Dark Ritual
special_zlogn_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_zlogn_hint=^special_t^Sacrifices a corpse of living being to Darkness. Summoning Evilin a piece of pure Darkness.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Summons Darks, the almost invincible warriors of Darkness, but with weakness to Light.
sw_zlogn=There are no evilins or corpses to start the Ritual.

special_decay_name=Dark Reign
special_decay_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_decay_small=^special_t^Defense is lowered to 1.
special_decay_hint=^special_t^Adept uses Dark Magic to make enemy more vulnerable for attacks of the Army of Darkness. Target's defense becomes equal 1.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on ally Adept:</color><br>Selected Adept will consume all the Evilins on the battlefield, empowering his magic. No charges will be used, each consumed Evilin will give an addititonal charge.

special_dark_name=Dark Star
special_dark_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes enemy with a star of pure evil dealing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of star doubles with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened Star will burn one of the collected Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin causing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin
effect_zlogn_head=^special_tC^[Good]
effect_zlogn_small=^special_t^Evilins collected: <gen=gen_zlogn_count>.

special_darkway_name=Dark Way
special_darkway_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Using hidden ways of Dark World, Darklings can pass 3-4 hexes at once.
umm....i'll post both KBMaster (needed to launch the mod) and ArmyOfDarkness in this post in an hour. So please check features names and post the correct ones here.