Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Mods

Mods Armored Princess mods

Old 12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damask View Post
Just wanted to ask if anyone might have an idea how to do this? I'd like to make a mod where Undead and Demons can be healed and resurrected (because they are highly inferior without this imho) and I thought that simply changing them to a different race might do it. I can't seem to locate the right file to do it though and was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Thanks!
I was thinking, wouldn't it be easier to edit the spells, to include those races? Plants could really do with being included in this as well. They're alive, so I don't see why they can't be healed/ressed.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Yup, you guys are right: it's much easier just to edit the spells, which is what I ultimately ended up doing. Also, if you want special skills like the Inquisitor's Resurrection or the Paladin's Second Wind to work on races they normally don't you can edit those in the .atom files of the unit they belong too. Very cool stuff.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yup, you guys are right: it's much easier just to edit the spells, which is what I ultimately ended up doing. Also, if you want special skills like the Inquisitor's Resurrection or the Paladin's Second Wind to work on races they normally don't you can edit those in the .atom files of the unit they belong too. Very cool stuff.
Nice, good to hear it works. Could you (or someone) clear up for me: Once you edit/mod a copy of the file, do you then place it into the mods folder, where it will override the original?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

You got it. All you have to do is put the edited file (you don't even have to rezip it) into the \data\mods folder and it will override the original in ses.kfs or data.kfs or wherever. So for me I ended up with a bunch of .atom files plus some other .txt files in my mods folder and the game uses them instead of the ones that are still zipped in ses.kfs or data.kfs. Highly convenient that it works this way because if you want to go back to the original game you can just move stuff out of the mods folder.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You got it. All you have to do is put the edited file (you don't even have to rezip it) into the \data\mods folder and it will override the original in ses.kfs or data.kfs or wherever. So for me I ended up with a bunch of .atom files plus some other .txt files in my mods folder and the game uses them instead of the ones that are still zipped in ses.kfs or data.kfs. Highly convenient that it works this way because if you want to go back to the original game you can just move stuff out of the mods folder.
Ah, I figured that was how it worked. I'll probably edit some spells later on then
Old 12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Ah, because you're talking about evilin spell, I don't really understand how it works.
Could you explain me precisely?