Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Battle of France as add on?
Yes, will buy this. 55 58.51%
OK, if for free. 21 22.34%
No, looking forward to Eastern front. 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Just because YOU can't get it to run doesn't mean there is no game... it just means YOU can't get it to run.
+1
Old 09-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

For a none existing game i've many fun with it
Old 09-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Just because YOU can't get it to run doesn't mean there is no game... it just means YOU can't get it to run.
I can get it to run. And I say there is no game, too. Be objective for JUST! ONE! MINUTE! for ** sake! Maybe you'll realize something then...

+1 to that other guy there.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 09-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
I can get it to run. And I say there is no game, too. Be objective for JUST! ONE! MINUTE! for*** sake! Maybe you'll realize something then...

+1 to that other guy there.
My apologies that my pc is able to run the game well enough to play it on ATAG, I will try and remember next time that even though I can play the game at a constant 60fps and can go bomb targets with another three pilots in blenhiems with a cover from a spit or two that I am not allowed to enjoy it because a few twittering **** on this forum don't want me too.

Well I am not sorry that I can have fun in the game, nor am I sorry that I am not such a pessimistic turd like you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 09-08-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Anders please! Bara håll käften!
Viking
Anders bare fortsæt, alle behøver ikke at være präktig !

Mj
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Falstaff

When will you realise it is nothign to do with running the game, or CTDs (though these do affect many people)...it is what you have got *when* *it* *is* *running*.

It is not much a BoB game is it, really? And all thos emissing features - where did they go?

No amount of horse-power or low-level IO monitoring or Regedit or hex editing is going to change the fact that the core runtimes and graphics kernel (never mind associated caching, paging, DLL and general library calls) seem less than efficient, or coded to a particularly modern standard (even allowing for hardware abstraction layers etc). To say nothign of who coded them, and who is now coding/revising them.

*Then* add-in the fact you might well have a situation where new coders are being asked to unravel legacy code, while supplying new libraries and calls.

What you have there, my son, is quite possibly an unholy mess.

Stop fixating on your ability to run it and consider the wider question: is it well done to a decent standard? And is there a game there? Is there much BoB? And what do the patches and B6's prouncements taken together tell you?

Perhaps a fair few people are having the time of their life with this game. Good for them. But this isn;t about them. It's about the game as a whole, much of which is still missing, and all the indications are it will stay missing.
Once you acknowledge that simple reality, it actually makes you less tenacious and/or bitter and able to move on and look at things clearly.

Fogging up with obstinacy seems a waste of time to me. Each to their own.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Bob_Marley

Quote:
My apologies that my pc is able to run the game well enough to play it on ATAG, I will try and remember next time that even though I can play the game at a constant 60fps and can go bomb targets with another three pilots in blenhiems with a cover from a spit or two that I am not allowed to enjoy it because a few twittering **** on this forum don't want me too.

Well I am not sorry that I can have fun in the game, nor am I sorry that I am not such a pessimistic turd like you...
Krupi you need to get over it and admit there are problems with CLOD and stop lying to yourself.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 09-08-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Anders please! Bara håll käften!
Viking
Bra, så kan du dra åt helvete!!

Last edited by Anders_And; 09-08-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF/A-Mjoelner View Post
Anders bare fortsæt, alle behøver ikke at være präktig !

Mj
+1
Old 09-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley View Post
Krupi you need to get over it and admit there are problems with CLOD and stop lying to yourself.
Poor Krupi..

On the bright side, maybe now he can relate to what guys like me have had to deal with over the past year with guys like you?

For example

No where did Krupi say the game is without fault.. That is just the game guys like you try to play with anyone who has anything postive to say about the game.. You and yours are so transparent