Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
From the German sturmovik forum:

Zünder: fuze
Entsicherungszeit: arming time
Waagrechtflug: level flight
blind: blind/disarmed
teilweise: partly
scharf: armed
So, from two to six seconds?

Quote:
Sure but:
As far as I know(haven't tried yet), they didn't change the damage model of the German bombs.
Now, if I get a 2sec delay, but on the other hand an increased blast radius, I'll be fine with that.
Still, expect our kill/sortie ratio will be changed for ever, at least minus 20%.
Wouldn't it be better to decrease/randomise all bomb damage effects?

Quote:
Something else I fear is the comparison to the IL2.
In 4.09 this bucket could kill about 12 Tiger in a single attack, thanks to their cluster ammo.
I don't know if this is historical correct, I would guess not, as in the other case there must be a Russian "Rudel" pendant with thousands of tank kills...
Wiki says: with PTAB you could kill about 2 tanks in average.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTAB
I have no problem flying home with a few kills less - but I feel castrated in comparison to the uber-IL...
This is only true if you line up the tanks perfectly and are very lucky (and even then I don't get 12 tigers). I tend to average one or two Panzer IIIs, with occasionally larger numbers if they are lined up on a road.

You will also find that Il-2 pilots have to drop bomblets from higher altitudes.

P.S. If anyone has information on the fusing of the smallest Polish, Czech and Russian bombs - it would be very interesting.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

I'm surprised this thread hasn't derailed into a debate about grass colour yet.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
So, from two to six seconds?
1.7s/~17m
Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to decrease/randomise all bomb damage effects?
There was thread about German SC, especially the bigger ones are castrated - and the USSR pendant ueber.

Quote:
I tend to average one or two Panzer IIIs, with occasionally larger numbers if they are lined up on a road.
Speaks for your skills.
I've seen IL2 take out whole columns all the time on QL2.

Quote:
You will also find that Il-2 pilots have to drop bomblets from higher altitudes.
Is that so?
Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

S!

Read a HSU IL-2 pilot's memoirs and he said that the accuracy/performance of the bomblets left a lot to desire as an average IL-2 pilot was not capable of accurately hitting with them. Required precise flying and as losses were high pilot material was very varying. His book gave a pretty different picture of the IL-2 as a plane and pilot training than the game, even he said it was a sturdy and suitable plane for it's job. But in IL-2 it is very much "easy mode" compared to the real deal if this HSU pilot is to be believed.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

There was thread about German SC, especially the bigger ones are castrated - and the USSR pendant ueber.

I've seen IL2 take out whole columns all the time on QL2.

Oh god not another red vs blue bias whine.

Did you not read Ernst's post last page? Il2 tank commandrs (and truck drivers and ship captains) are all robotic retards and easy to kill by vets. Funny story I recently purchased Steel Fury and was mesmerised the first time I was attacked by a Sturmovik while commanding a Panzer-IV as it dove at me head on firing rockets and I watched the smoke trails head to me. Then black screen and outside view with the message "you have been heavily wounded" (the crew screamed "the commander is dead" actually) as I like a dummy was watching and forgot to button up. So while my tank got a bit of damage I bet I got my head blown off. All Il-2 tanks are as smart.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/ZG52_Gaga View Post
Did anyone manage to attack a single tank with the 2 sec arming delay?

Dudes! we are in a world of pain !!! LOL

I guess we have to adapt eh?
Did you not read Letum's post??
Old 12-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Hmm

The 2 second delay is not the problem.

Its the casing touching the scenery within those 2 seconds that disarms the bomb that's the problem and not realistic.

The bombs velocity should decide its arming if its skipped or bounced into the target ship or tank the arming vane should be the deciding factor.

If this route is being taken for mud movers/bomber/Jabo to make it realistic etc etc, then start giving the fighters realistic mg/cannon jamming in the wings under G load.

We will soon see some reaction for that one

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-28-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Hmm

The 2 second delay is not the problem.

Its the casing touching the scenery within those 2 seconds that disarms the bomb that's the problem.

The bombs velocity should decide its arming if its skipped or bounced into the target ship or tank the arming vane should be the deciding factor.

If this route is being taken for mud movers/bomber/Jabo to make it realistic etc etc, then start giving thye fighters realistic mg/cannon jamming in the wings under G load.

We will soon see some reaction for that one
Good point and yes I would love to see g force jamming effects. Still the limitation of the casing touching is not that bad if you use historical tactics as Fruitbat, Dkoor and others have shown.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
Good point and yes I would love to see g force jamming effects. Still the limitation of the casing touching is not that bad if you use historical tactics as Fruitbat, Dkoor and others have shown.
Well lets give the fighters G load jamming and see how the discussion goes

I will come here and tell them

"Its not that bad just learn how to use it and practise more with it"

The fact is the bombs at the moment are not realistic with the casing being a deciding factor on its arming there are better ways to do this as already mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-28-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't think that would be a problem outside the inevitable low-alt furball on arcadier servers. I don't think most tend to make shots in tight turns anyway.