Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
No need!

You said it all when you pointed out that it was speculation

OK, but that was in reference to a previous comment by myself (sorry, I should have clarified).

I will ask, can you provide proof of 128 players online working, or of DX-11 working in game? My CloD box tells me I can expect this.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
I will ask, can you provide proof of 128 players online working, or of DX-11 working in game? My CloD box tells me I can expect this.
I have a better idea!

Your the one making the claimed it does not support it.. Right?

So how about you provide the proof that it doesn't support it?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
So let me see if I understand you correctly..

You claim to understand that IL-2 went threw the same process that CoD is going through now

So far so good?

Than is it safe to assume that you also realize that most if not all new game releases go though a similar process?

Where by process I mean

most if not all games are released with bugs
most if not all games make changes
most if not all games have a lot of pre-release hype
etc.. etc..

Assuming that is the case (i.e. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt)

Why are you and people like you so upset?

Especially those who are familiar with 1C's IL-2 track record!!

A track record that consist of endless patches, add ons, and free updates for a game that is going on 10 years old

Yet..

You and people like you act like CoD was made by the makers of SILENT HUNTER 5.0

Where support for SH5 was dropped just a few months after the release

IMHO all this Oleg stood me up for the prom attitude would be well placed in the SH5 forums

But not here!

Granted I would cut those who are new to flight sims and never heard of IL-2 some slack on this

But you?

Someone who claims to know the history of IL-2!

Nope, and you and people like you should be ashamed of yourselves IMHO! Your not helping one bit and most likly making Luithers job much harder than it needs to be!

So in summary, I had a lot of worries about CoD early on, what with Oleg leaving and UBI's track record! My biggest fear being UBI would somehow force 1C to 'move on' and drop support for CoD like in the case of SH5. But what with Luther recent attempts to not only keep us informed but provide patches I am no longer worried and can see that the 1C approached to flight sims is still there, even if Oleg is not.
Lol, im not upset..check my previous 1000+ posts.. i love this game but i sit on the fence..

I just hate seeing fanbois like yourself bitching about people moaning claiming you know everything..your pathetic...also dont claim to know me either, that's bad for you..

I bitch as much as big this game up so get yer facts straight..

Someone take this guy away, lock him up and put a nice big poster of 1C above his bed so he can play with himself, obviously I mean in the gaming context, right?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Lol, im not upset..check my previous 1000+ posts.. i love this game
LOL! man.. now that is funny

But I should not laugh at the bi-polar types.. my bad
Old 10-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Hmm, now you've just proven to me you know nothing and certainly nothing about me... what you looking at the last 10-15? since the last 2 Beta's?

Il tell you what..il leave you to play

lol
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

OK, sure thing:

cliffs of dover videos on youtube. None are in DX-11. Note: the game does not run in Dx-11. Support is irrelevent, as I pointed out, people are paying money under the impression the game will run in DX-11. Shall I post every-single video here to prove my point? No, let's be adults here Aces! It is much simpler to provide one video to disprove me, rather than one-hundred to provide my argument with even moderate levels of tangibility.
128 players online. Well, speaks for itself really. Take a look at hyperlobby or whatever online service people are running.
I don't play online, so can't provide current screens, so I'm sure some could.
As far as SUPPORT goes, my previous post in this topic supports my belief. On release, and within months, the game can just about be run with these numbers. Maybe it is supported, but playabality is another issue.
Here's the topic:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3273039
But with internet lag, do we think this would be playable? It's speculative, there's no definitive proof; other than the fact that there aren't 128 players online in the same game, because you can't find 128 people able to play the game that well against eachother.
I know you will say the game support's it, but please understand, Aces, that there is a fine-line between what can be achieved and what has been achieved. People looking for immediate results should steer clear of sims, but for someone who struggles (with highest settings and a great PC) running more than about 60 planes offline, 128 online is a pipe dream.

Anyway mate, just my personal opinion. Not trying to split hairs, just saying that this game is never black and white. Some people have easy experieces with great rigs, others don't with similar systems. Is it the software or the person? Well, in the case of the game's release, mostly the former. And the release is key here, mate, as this is the box-art for the release. Note that this video is a while after release. At release, people were struggling to have more than a few videos in the sky at the same time on brilliant systems.

enough from me! have a great weekend
Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Hmm, now you've just proven to me you know nothing and certainly nothing about me...
Whats to know?

You love Oleg when he shows up on time to pick you up..
You hate Oleg when he shows up a little late to pick you up..

I get it!

But what if he shows up late.. and brings flowers? That part I admit I don't know.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
enough from me!
enough?

But Im still waiting on proof!

So enlighten me here.. I have DX11 installed, Cod runs fine on my PC.

Now..

Your claiming CoD does not support DX11?

Right?

Ok what feature is in DX11 that is not in DX10 that CoD states it is making use of? Because I have looked and I don't see it, so please help me out understand where your comming from on this.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
http://i-trepreneur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/retard.jpg
Yikes!

How many members of this forum did Oleg stand up on prom night?

Let it go guys! All them tears on your prom dress are just going to make it that much harder to return!