Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Avenging Angel: I just did some math. It will be overpowered in 1.21 with 8 rounds. At level 3 it does 245-410 damage, which is 343 damage in average. Multiplied by 6 it is around 2k damage! (often all the charges with Avenging Angel is not used, therefore I used 6 and not 8 in the math)... Sounds like vanilla rounds like 4,5,6 is better then 5,6,8...
Remember you need to be hitted in order to trigger. It could be OP with the typical "tank" with 75% or more physical resistance plus Target, or with cannon fodder.

But the reality is that often such conditions do not happen in Trent.

You could be very lucky and find several items that augment the resistances, though.

So in the end, I suppose you're right. Besides, is not that difficult to summon or even have a unit you don't mind to lose.

Quote:
Ingeneer: I remember you, Sirlancelot, suggested a lower chance like 50% for blindness, I just couldn't do it in the code. This was easier. That's why I didn't change the chance of blindness but instead reduced it to just 1 bottle.
I hope you are not angry with me.

Yes, but I proposed that 50% chance for blindness with the vanilla reloading time. Now, with three or four turns before being able to use the talent again, I see more reasonable a higher chance.

And please, don't forget these are just my impressions/opinions.

Quote:
Skill from Sprudne Island: I didn't change anything, due to out of time... but could easily be increased in strength - I mean the 3 different skills you get depending on the hero class. Trent is hard in itself, so it won't inbalance things.
Hmm, I feel the paladin skill (Holy armor), is more or less balanced. In fact, my first reaction when I saw it, was... oh my, this gonna make the game too easy.

--

By the way, I have played KB Crossworlds (and Armored Princess before), for near two thousand hours, but roughly 80-85% of the time, as a warrior. So that's the character I know better.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-13-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Hehe, no I'm not angry with you, Sirlancelot, on the contrary it's good with feedback!
Old 02-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Good to know. It's a relief.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Alchemists are broken. Or so it seems. Venom and energetic potions are missing from their list of talents.

However, at least when controlled by the AI, they are able to throw venom potions even with Magic Shackles or a troop upon them.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

I suppose you are both right about item upgrades. I have to see myself, I'll start a new game.

PS. Steam counts that I have played almost 600 hours, but I may have played that many hours already before Steam.

Last edited by Erkilmarl; 02-16-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

I have already lowered it a little more for next version. So overall it is 30-50% easier to item upgrade than vanilla. Some items have just a little bonus, like Steel Band that only get +2 Attack and +1 Defense when upgraded. Therefore I made such one easier than something that gives bigger bonus.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

There is a "sleepy wolf" next to the Trent Dungeon who seems to be able to interact with the player, yet he doesn't respond. Is it related to a quest? Should I be able to talk to him?

Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

No it is just for the scenairy. In general all such animal that is neutral are just for the fun. No quest
Old 02-18-2019, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

How is your experience with the Heroic Battles against the strong heroes. Do u avoid them. Or do u wait for later when u are stronger? These battles u cannot retreat from or use rage skills. Sort of a miniboss fight.

I'm thinking of the idea of making some strong spells that only enemy heroes can learn. for instance a Blind with 5 turns etc - would cost 10.000 crystal to learn so players can only use as scroll if they find them. Of course if I could find out how Matt who made The Legend mod with heroes casting more than 1 spell per turn that would help.

Although I think the Heroic Battles are strong enough the spells could be used for other heroes.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
How is your experience with the Heroic Battles against the strong heroes. Do u avoid them. Or do u wait for later when u are stronger? These battles u cannot retreat from or use rage skills. Sort of a miniboss fight.

I'm thinking of the idea of making some strong spells that only enemy heroes can learn. for instance a Blind with 5 turns etc - would cost 10.000 crystal to learn so players can only use as scroll if they find them. Of course if I could find out how Matt who made The Legend mod with heroes casting more than 1 spell per turn that would help.

Although I think the Heroic Battles are strong enough the spells could be used for other heroes.
Yep, I use to wait for later until I feel strong enough to face the encounter without massive loses.

Better than that would be that they would able to cast normally forbidden spells for the AI. Sort of Target (although this spell is one the strongest of the whole game), Stone Skin, Pain Mirror, Berserker, Invisibility, Time Return, Death Star and so on.

By the way, Target and Stone Skin are another candidates for tweaking. If you manage to increase Physical Resistance up to around 85-90%, and combine with Target, the game, as long as the damage sources remains physical and Level 5 units are not prominent, becomes a cake walk.