Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitexas View Post
Why should a business succeed when they fail at making a product? If a diner served horrible food, but the owner kept promising it will get better soon, and it doesnt, how long will it stay in business?

Sorry, no love loss here. When I want to donate, it goes to a charity, not to a team that cannot make (or fix) a product released over a year ago.

Everyone has opinions, and if you feel the need to support them, its your choice. I dont agree with it, but I also know I dont control anyone eles way of thinking.

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the state of mind of people thinking they the devs are doing a good thing. How is a crappy product that never reached its potential, features left out, buggy, with plans to end support for it, and then annouce a sequal be good? First product was crap, how about a second? Boggles the mind.
I understand your sentiment, and would agree if Maddox Games was a local tyre shop doing crap work.

However, they are the only company attempting to create a WWII simulation. The ONLY ONE that is trying to cater for my wants in a simulation. They have failed thus far, but only just, CloD and any sequel has potential, that can't be denied. They deserve support simply because they are the ONLY ONE.. crazy as it is!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Fair enough and thanks for the update team.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

People seem to be forgetting some things here.

1) We have already been informed that the team are working on a 'release candidate' beta patch to be tested prior to an official retail update patch release.

Why not save the criticisms until then? If the official update patch to come corrects a good deal of the current complaints, then the sim will have had a level of support.

2) The current beta patch is just that. A beta patch. V1.05 is still there to be rolled back to if you like.

Give the guys a chance to put things right in this 'final' patch, is all I'm saying.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
71st_Mastiff

Thank you Sir I'm waiting and still playing in the mean time those who uninstall and come back later I will be your nemeses.

"The general plan is, after the milestone is submitted and accepted, we return to the now almost-final patch, cram as much as we can into it, and make it our final Cliffs of Dover patch. The next time it will be updated is when you install the sequel over it."
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
I understand your sentiment, and would agree if Maddox Games was a local tyre shop doing crap work.

However, they are the only company attempting to create a WWII simulation. The ONLY ONE that is trying to cater for my wants in a simulation. They have failed thus far, but only just, CloD and any sequel has potential, that can't be denied. They deserve support simply because they are the ONLY ONE.. crazy as it is!
Well not totally true. By *try* there are others like War Thunder (although they have simulation settings is still arcade), and DCS P51 (awesome, awesome, full simulation), but it will take a long time finish an axis rival in the same detail.

But I agree with you. CLoD has the potential, but beyond the engine, I really think the dev team is not up to the task. Sad to say, but I dont think they know what to do.

Riding the coatails of IL2 46' helped, but it is very apparant they cant deliver the goods anymore.

Maybe one day we will get a great looking and playing WWII sim, but I just dont see it coming from 1C.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:00 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post

+++
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 09-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
People seem to be forgetting some things here.

1) We have already been informed that the team are working on a 'release candidate' beta patch to be tested prior to an official retail update patch release.

Why not save the criticisms until then? If the official update patch to come corrects a good deal of the current complaints, then the sim will have had a level of support.

2) The current beta patch is just that. A beta patch. V1.05 is still there to be rolled back to if you like.

Give the guys a chance to put things right in this 'final' patch, is all I'm saying.
You are correct with this mindset. I will do this.

At the same time, look at the history of the beta patches, and understand why someone might be expecting the same under-delivered "fixes", that have been churned out in the past few months.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitexas View Post
At the same time, look at the history of the beta patches, and understand why someone might be expecting the same under-delivered "fixes", that have been churned out in the past few months.
Oh I know. Believe me I know exactly what you mean.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the news

I'm optimistic that I'll buy whatever came I'll buy sequels in collector edition if possible.

he said one patch and a sequel. that's good to know I need eastern front i'm not into BoB indeed kk

besides, i understood that one patch and there won't be enough time to make another patch cause the sequel will be almost releasing so why not bother with Clod! fine its fair.
I don't give a shit how much I paid for Clod and its condition I want this sim to be success. I'll support what I can buying all 1c il2 series. cause there is no better choice in the market !!!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The next time it will be updated is when you install the sequel over it.
I think that should be 'if' rather than 'when'.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering the sequel.
Closed Thread