Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
What you going on about you fool?

Prom? prom dress?... If it bothers you that much go away, people can bitch, moan, kick up, stress as mush as they like regardless of cost..get yer head out yer a$$

Judging by your reply to my last post you obviously have no clue what your going on about do you 'Ace'?

Again..a lil clue, SOOOOO this game has the right to print what it likes on the back of its cover because it has a 'future proof engine'?

I think your find that every other vid game's 'recommended' spec's will allow the user to play the game on settings more than f-kin MED!

You go on about and bash the whiners here... Please dont insult mine and everyone elses intelligence by saying the game was fine on release but 'we' should of had better hardware to play it on!

P.S Im more than aware of IL2 and what it was like on its release..and Yes it happened then too but 'that' does not warrant it happening again or justify it..

f*k me, you actually sound like your saying there were no bugs, nothing wrong with the code, nothing wrong with the engine and it all comes down to hardware and that we should of known that 'recommended' means MED-HIGH end rigs can only play this game on LOW-MED settings

tool
Yikes.. Looks like someone spilt some wine (or whine) on thier prom dress and can not return it for a refund
Old 10-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Yikes.. Looks like someone spilt some wine (or whine) on thier prom dress and can not return it for a refund
Just the reply I expected

ACE your such a Hero fella... as much as I hate the phrase i think its quite Abt here

'Whatever'

Last edited by Ze-Jamz; 10-21-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
'Whatever'
I don't know what is funnier?

You getting your panties in a wad such that you invoked the 'whatever' reply

Or

You admitting that the progressing of CoD is the same as IL-2 was, i.e.

Quote:
P.S I'm more than aware of IL2 and what it was like on its release..and Yes it happened then too but 'that' does not warrant it happening again or justify it..
Did you act like a school girl who got stood up by Oleg on prom night than too?

If so, don't worry your pretty little head none! This is how most games go! Oleg will bring you flowers sooner than later! Just like he did with IL-2!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
lol, this made me laugh "your mistake"

The high expectations came from all the BS that Oleg and Luthier were constantly spouting pre-release, only a few of us saw through it, you unfortunately were one of those that didn't.

Your welcome...I'm always willing to offer some humor...

As far as me being "one of those that didn't"...I believe that if you check the record you will find that my opinion was (and is) that these guys will give us the best game they are capable of...and I don't see any reason to change my opinion. You have always been the kind of person who enjoys trolling around in word games. You constantly quote people out of context, just so that you can set up an argument.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I don't know what is funnier?

You getting your panties in a wad such that you invoked the 'whatever' reply

Or

You admitting that the progressing of CoD is the same as IL-2 was, i.e.

Did you act like a school girl who got stood up by Oleg on prom night than too?

If so, don't worry your pretty little head none! This is how most games go! Oleg will bring you flowers sooner than later! Just like he did with IL-2!
You sad sad man...boy

Run along now you jobsworth t*t
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You said it all in your first paragraph..

That is to say there is really no need to say anymore than to point out it was speculation..

Because as we all know speculation is not a promise to provide! As I pointed out before, there is nothing actually advertised on the box or at STEAM download that we did not receive!

But if anyone is planing on hanging thier hat on that argument in thier class action law suit, i.e. a law suit to get their $50 buck back based on some feature Oleg might have commented on in some blogg or forum over the past 6+ years of CoD development.

Would you be so kind as to record the audio from the court room as you say that to the judge?

In that is such a rare occasion that we get to see a judge LOL as he waves to the bailiff to remove someone from his court room

Better yet have one of your buddies in the room whip his phone out and record the video to upload to youtube.. Should be a hoot!
I will say again, as far as the box is concerned, DX-11 in the game? Not a chance. And that really is truthful. The game can suport it, you say? Why yes, perhaps it does, but box-art is aimed at people of all intellects: in short, it details what the game includes and what is playable on release. Not what could happen in the future, or be supported in the future. 128 player online? Yes, but on release, the game was too buggy for this to be supported. Has anyone chosen to run a lobby with such numbers? The game would be too laggy, videos on youtube detailing such numbers of A/C show this. I think ParaBellum posted one: an illuminating insight into what the game can support, but a clear sign that such numbers are not happily playable. I believe that the game could happily support this (one could create a lobby), but as I alluded to, the box art is there to detail what is pretty much accessible immediately, or with little difficulty (supposing you have the right system).
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Spot on. Next time around I'll sit back for an additional year while 1C complete the game.
Looking at CloD cycle it will take 1C 10 months (>50% said increase in fps) to make the game playable on minimum reqs.
An increase of fps by >50% is to me an indication that they didn't do stuff properly to begin with.
You promise................. that way we don't have to hear you whinning like the little girl you are. EDIT ..!.,
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You sad sad man...boy

Run along now you jobsworth t*t
So let me see if I understand you correctly..

You claim to understand that IL-2 went threw the same process that CoD is going through now

So far so good?

Than is it safe to assume that you also realize that most if not all new game releases go though a similar process?

Where by process I mean

most if not all games are released with bugs
most if not all games make changes
most if not all games have a lot of pre-release hype
etc.. etc..

Assuming that is the case (i.e. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt)

Why are you and people like you so upset?

Especially those who are familiar with 1C's IL-2 track record!!

A track record that consist of endless patches, add ons, and free updates for a game that is going on 10 years old

Yet..

You and people like you act like CoD was made by the makers of SILENT HUNTER 5.0

Where support for SH5 was dropped just a few months after the release

IMHO all this Oleg stood me up for the prom attitude would be well placed in the SH5 forums

But not here!

Granted I would cut those who are new to flight sims and never heard of IL-2 some slack on this

But you?

Someone who claims to know the history of IL-2!

Nope, and you and people like you should be ashamed of yourselves IMHO! Your not helping one bit and most likly making Luithers job much harder than it needs to be!

So in summary, I had a lot of worries about CoD early on, what with Oleg leaving and UBI's track record! My biggest fear being UBI would somehow force 1C to 'move on' and drop support for CoD like in the case of SH5. But what with Luther recent attempts to not only keep us informed but provide patches I am no longer worried and can see that the 1C approached to flight sims is still there, even if Oleg is not.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
I will say again,
No need!

You said it all when you pointed out that it was speculation
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
So let me see if I understand you correctly..

You claim to understand that IL-2 went threw the same process that CoD is going through now

So far so good?

Than is it safe to assume that you also realize that most if not all new game releases go though a similar process?

Where by process I mean

most if not all games are released with bugs
most if not all games make changes
most if not all games have a lot of pre-release hype
etc.. etc..

Assuming that is the case (i.e. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt)

Why are you and people like you so upset?

Especially those who are familiar with 1C's IL-2 track record!!

A track record that consist of endless patches, add ons, and free updates for a game that is going on 10 years old

Yet..

You and people like you act like CoD was made by the makers of SILENT HUNTER 5.0

Where support for SH5 was dropped just a few months after the release

IMHO all this Oleg stood me up for the prom attitude would be well placed in the SH5 forums

But not here!

Granted I would cut those who are new to flight sims and never heard of IL-2 some slack on this

But you?

Someone who claims to know the history of IL-2!

Nope, and you and people like you should be ashamed of yourselves IMHO! Your not helping one bit and most likly making Luithers job much harder than it needs to be!

So in summary, I had a lot of worries about CoD early on, what with Oleg leaving and UBI's track record! My biggest fear being UBI would somehow force 1C to 'move on' and drop support for CoD like in the case of SH5. But what with Luther recent attempts to not only keep us informed but provide patches I am no longer worried and can see that the 1C approached to flight sims is still there, even if Oleg is not.
Don't feed the whining trolls!