Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5_emil View Post
A dog fight server is not a COOP in the way that nearly everyone else but you seems to understand.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. The COOP is to simulate a meeting engagement often (but not always) one that is historical.So this is something that HAS happened in real life.
Don't forget, coops also doesn't need a middleman, e.g. ATAG, to be played.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5_emil View Post
A dog fight server is not a COOP in the way that nearly everyone else but you seems to understand.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. The COOP is to simulate a meeting engagement often (but not always) one that is historical.So this is something that HAS happened in real life.
Oh so the engagement itself is historical or can be made to be historical but everything else about it is not? I think I understand now. Sounds like fun.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
How well do IL2 Coops work without Hyperlobby?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Hasn't Luthier stated that it is possible to play coops at the moment? I think what we need is for the developers to make a coop template if it is possible with basic scripting put in place. That way we would be able to see what the developers think the coop entails and people can say how different it is to what they understand. I know that the GUI is editable (as someone talented made a pilot career interface). There is also a "lobby" menu in the multiplayer section, along with the ability to press "start battle" in the mission owners lobby so that suggests to me it is possible to create a 1946 style coop though I may be mistaken. It seems that hosting a mission in the lobby (not the client section to join already started servers) mean you can have everyone join and then wait before starting the mission which people seem to want. I dont know about a statistics page, though there are triggers that check % ground targets destroyed and you can track kills as shown by the pilot career so it should be possible, just will need people (or perhaps the developers) to implement it.

Again, the lack of documentation seems to be the problem here, along with a lack of missions. A simpler, more responsive GUI would go a long way, unfortunately that will be a sequel thing (I seem to remember Luthier saying it was in the works for BoM).
Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Don't do it, David. All this 3rd party stuff that made things possible should obviously be in the game from the get go. Duh!

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
How well do IL2 Coops work without Hyperlobby?
Just saying Dave, just saying....

P.S With regards to the subject of the thread, go ahead! keep alienating players for CoD and future installments. I'm sure new people will start streaming to the online servers aaaany day now, lol! As soon as they realize the errors of their ways, playing traditional coops in this case.

Last edited by addman; 05-15-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Oh so the engagement itself is historical or can be made to be historical but everything else about it is not? I think I understand now. Sounds like fun.
Nice troll

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.20GHz
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Z68
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-1280
Intel 510 ElmCrest SSD 120GB
GeForce GTX 580 3072MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler
Silverstone Fortress 2
Hazro HZ27WA 27" 2560x1440
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Just saying Dave, just saying....
You just said that coops don't need a middle man. Well, it appears that that is not true. They need Hyperlobby.

By the way, no one is saying that dogfight servers are just like coop servers. What has been said is that most of the functionality of coop servers can be done with the current mission editor.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
What is this supposed to mean? If the forum warriors spent less time trying to attack those that actually help this game and went out and learned some things about it themselves, there's be much more content all over the place for missions, COOPs, and the likes.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
P.S With regards to the subject of the thread, go ahead! keep alienating players for CoD and future installments. I'm sure new people will start streaming to the online servers aaaany day now, lol! As soon as they realize the errors of their ways, playing traditional coops in this case.
Well, they're certainly not streaming to the RoF coop servers. Those are packed with crickets.