Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Bukie View Post
I found A new Bug with the Winged Helmet. When you equip the helmet, its supposed to give you 2-3 Vikings after a battle. It actually says that it has given me vikings after my battles (usually 3 Skalds). But It never actually does give them to me. I still have the same number of skalds each time. Please Fix.
Yea it seem to have no special code for that:
Code:
addon2_helmet_winged_helmet {
  category=o
  image=heroitem_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet.png
  hint_config=object_item
  label=itm_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet_name
  hint=itm_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet_hint
  information_label=itm_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet_info
  maphint=
  mapinfo=
  price=18000
  maxcount=1
  level=3
  race=viking
  setref=set_valkyrie
  use {}
  mods {
    defense=count,2
    leadership=count,100
  }
  propbits=helmet
  params {}
}
Is there any other item, which has this "give troops" bonus (and it works), so it could be compared in any way?

EDIT: Another item with a equal function is "itm_addon2_regalia_orc_banner", but it looks the same, no special code for that. So it have to be in some other file (not just items.txt). Otherwise you wouldn't see any message at all.

EDIT2:
The right code can be found in "addon_arena.lua":

Code:
  if Logic.hero_lu_item_on_body("addon2_helmet_winged_helmet") then
    local data = { --[[Ïðåäìåò Êðûëàòûé Øëåì]]
      {n = "slinger_man",       minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 50},
      {n = "viking",            minc = 2, maxc = 3, prob = 40},
      {n = "skald",             minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 30}
    }
    table.insert(tab_verbovka, data)
  end
  if Logic.hero_lu_item_on_body("addon2_regalia_orc_banner") then
    local data = { --[[Ïðåäìåò Çíàìÿ Îðäû]]
      {n = "goblin",            minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 50},
      {n = "goblin2",           minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 50},
      {n = "orc",               minc = 2, maxc = 3, prob = 40},
      {n = "goblin_shaman",     minc = 2, maxc = 3, prob = 20},
      {n = "catapult",          minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 20}
    }
    table.insert(tab_verbovka, data)
  end

Last edited by messiahgov; 12-31-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

The object Kerus's Sword [kerus_sword] has a bug. The third ability "+30% to Attack of the demons in the army of the enemy" does nothing. The code is sp_unti_demon=count,30. Since this is a level 5 item with only +3 Attack, +3 Intellect and -1 Morale to demons, I suspect that the third ability should be a penalty to demons as well. Can it be misspelled? Maybe the code should have been sp_anti_demon=count,30?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Huraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!
We reached 1000 posts, in discussion on bugs in this game, in less then 2 months of release. This must be some kind of world record. Congratulations to developers.

@ivra
You`re right it`s something wrong with this item. Look at it, -1moral to all demons, and then it says +30% to attack OF ENEMY demon units ???? So it first lover att/def of all demons then rise enemy demons attack for 30%. WTF?
Here`s statistic of Kerus sword in previous game (the legend for example)
Code:
   price=100000
  maxcount=1
  level=5
  race=human
  use {}
  mods {
    attack=count,3
    intellect=count,3
  sp_attack_demon=count,30
Same sp_attack is in 2 other items Silver rapier (gives 30% attack AGAINST undead) , and Dragonslayer sword (gives +50% AGAINST dragons).
So my thought is that devs f..ked up again here and mistranslated bonus for Kerus sword (why would you use item that gives bonus to enemy army ??? )
Other question is why did they change function that worked great in previous games (sp_attack_demon=...) and imported new that is broken (sp_unti_demon=...)
This function is in some other items also, so you can check if any to them work properly (Holy ring - +50% attack vs undead/demons , Silver rapier , Sun ray , Dragonslayer sword , Kerus sword , Yew bow , Full moon sword , Lumberman axe)
One more weird thing about this function is that it have same function for silver rapier and this item Kerus sword, but it`s translated that in one case give bonus against enemy undead units ,and then give bonus to enemy demon units.
All in all, one more broken thing added to list.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

In the ally battle(s) with Eric, you keep the mana value of your last allies as Olaf. I.e. if you use the elf army last then you'll permanently have 250 mana for the Guilford fight. 46 start, 50 play.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Courtly Garb can't be upgraded. When you select the Upgrade option from the right-click-menu the fight does not start. Nothing happens. Need start new game? My version : 1.3.1. 6250
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Regarding:

Ay Vaz's Masterpiece (Patch 3): Several players have reported the counter does not go up for defeating all three pirate ships, make this quest unable to be completed. A save game where it can be reproduced is here.

This bug is not completely fixed. It works if you get the quest and fight all three ships without loading the game. If, however, you save any time from the point after getting the quest to the point before fighting the last pirate ship, the quest will be bugged if you load that save game. It looks like the state of the quest is not saved properly in the save game. It is quite easy to verify if the quest works or not. If you get a dialog box telling you that you killed the first, second or last pirate, then it works. If not the quest cannot be completed.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Default blind duration

Is the spell "blind" 's duration working as designed? No one seems to have reported this.
I often use Engineer's flash potion and sometimes the spell blind on enemy to stall them somewhat. It's supposed to last for 2 rounds (seeing blinded icon and number 2 in status), but the effect almost always ends after 1 round. For some creatures it seems to work properly, but for enemy units like skeleton archer, it's always just 1 round, and the effect disappears.
I'm on the latest steam patch btw.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchen722 View Post
Is the spell "blind" 's duration working as designed? No one seems to have reported this.
I often use Engineer's flash potion and sometimes the spell blind on enemy to stall them somewhat. It's supposed to last for 2 rounds (seeing blinded icon and number 2 in status), but the effect almost always ends after 1 round. For some creatures it seems to work properly, but for enemy units like skeleton archer, it's always just 1 round, and the effect disappears.
I'm on the latest steam patch btw.
Probably working as designed. Blind is dispelled whenever the unit takes damage. If you pre-burn a unit, then blind them, it will only last one round as they will take damage from burn/poison/cold, thus, dispelling blind.

Or if you hit them, that will naturally dispel blind as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

@kenchen722
Or other thing possible : if some unit make action in turn and you blind them after that, it will count as 1 turn for blind spell. So they will be blind next turn (making no action) and in 3 will act normally = were blind for only 1 turn actually.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys, I'm back, hope you had a nice holiday too. I made it to page 99 looking for new stuff so far.

I marked Black Label as fixed (missed that one before) and also moved the modding functions which don't work to the fixed thread, linking to Sneaksie's post. I added a new bug for the AI assassin's murder and also linked to more information about the unattackable pheonix.

Saw a couple more to get later... it would also help if people remember to post builds so we can save time having to confirm them.

PS - a few pages back somebody posted about the viking helmet not giving them vikings, saying it didnt work on the skald. That makes me wonder if it's really broken or if it only increases the unit called "Viking." Does anybody know? They really shouldn't have named a unit after a faction, it causes a lot of confusion.