Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
I think all the P-47s cockpits could use a makeover. They are the worst in the stock sim IMHO.
That's because it's not finished and is missing textures (like the seat). Not sure if it can be touched due to the N-G legal issues.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Approved Member

But the P-47s were built by Republic. A long dead company.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Long dead companies are sometimes bought by other companies (like NG). But in case of the P-47 its all clean.
I agree, it could need a rework. There is a nice looking mod out there, but unfortunately its totally NOT made to standards and thus useless for us.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 11-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Dear Team, I have a question about a possible map. I know that the Channel Front is off-limits due to an agreement with Oleg's crew but here's a map which has nothing to do with BoB nor the Channel itself. I'd call it the North Sea front.
It offers so many possibilities - from the Blitzkrieg in the West through early RAF raids, large 1943-44 air battles of the 8th AF vs. Luftwaffe, Market-Garden, until practically VE-Day (in some of the areas on the Dutch coast the Germans held out well into 1945). Any chance?

Old 11-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Could you also take a look at the fiat cr42 gunsight view position?

The vision when you are in gunsight position is even worse than the normal view...

Just raising it a little bit so it would actually be possible to aim, and so the wings dont fill up the entire screen.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
It would also be nice if the lead bomber had the option of commanding the other planes in his flight/squadron/group to drop bombs on his command.
Yes, it would be great to get this function one day! E.g. like it is already realized to command the dropping of fuel tanks. By the way, bomb release upon the formation leader's order was the tactics pretty widely employed in RL during WWII.

Best regards
Old 11-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagarto View Post
Dear Team, I have a question about a possible map. I know that the Channel Front is off-limits due to an agreement with Oleg's crew but here's a map which has nothing to do with BoB nor the Channel itself. I'd call it the North Sea front.
It offers so many possibilities - from the Blitzkrieg in the West through early RAF raids, large 1943-44 air battles of the 8th AF vs. Luftwaffe, Market-Garden, until practically VE-Day (in some of the areas on the Dutch coast the Germans held out well into 1945). Any chance?

I would love that map. I could fly over the town I live in
If TD makes this map it would be nice to include the Bunkers on the Afsluitdijk. There are Dutch bunkers which are called Kazematten. When the Germans began to make the Atlantikwall they made new bunkers. So there's a difference between 1940 and 1944.
The red dot shows the place where the bunkers are on the Afsluitdijk. If somebody needs more info, just ask me

And the province Flevoland wasn't there in the WWII, you can see it on old maps of the Netherlands.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...es_-_ln-en.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kazematten.jpg (20.0 KB, 15 views)

If you are insecure: use more bullets.

Last edited by Daniël; 11-19-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Since there has been some suggestions for the P-47...My suggestions/requests are

1. To have the P-47s machine guns all fire with one trigger/button instead of two separate triggers.
2. A fly able P-47M and N models, unless NG has already denied us that right.

That's all I have at the moment, anything else I can think of I post here
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

All my guns on the P47 fire with the same trigger. You don't have your's mapped properly in the config. Actually I have 3 triggers mapped. One that fires all guns (my main trigger on the stick) a button for cannons only and one position on a hat switch for machine guns only.

Also the P-47D Late is very close to P-47M performance.

I'd still rather see the correct bomb load out for the 47. One 500 under the fuselage and one 1000 under each wing.

I don't care if it breaks missions that were made 5+ years ago.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
All my guns on the P47 fire with the same trigger. You don't have your's mapped properly in the config. Actually I have 3 triggers mapped. One that fires all guns (my main trigger on the stick) a button for cannons only and one position on a hat switch for machine guns only.

Also the P-47D Late is very close to P-47M performance.

I'd still rather see the correct bomb load out for the 47. One 500 under the fuselage and one 1000 under each wing.

I don't care if it breaks missions that were made 5+ years ago.
The point im trying to make is, The P-47 only had 1 trigger to fire its guns IRL so why do you need to have 2 trigers for all 8 mgs??? It doesnt make sense.
Closed Thread