Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Bad roll... As it was pointed out in this thread, the leadership of Ahriman and/or the Necromancer varies greatly, much more than in KBAP/CW. This can really turn a no-loss challenge into a hopeless one. Not easy to fight units worth about 6000+ leadership on level 4 or 5.

Since you are posting it, and you did show that you're really good in KBAP/CW and beat the game in record time, that is the only conclusion I can draw.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Getting level 5 is pretty important IMO. Make sure you get the +exp medals ASAP and kill mobs to get up to level 4 before turning in quests/picking up exp bonuses. If you aren't level 5 before ahriman you should be afterward.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

I got it! No loss KO the necromancer !

this game i got call of nature but no healing>_<

only mage can afford the 40mana cost ~~~ paladin and warrior may need many scrolls to make this result~~

(quicksave added)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_121031_004.jpg (341.7 KB, 162 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip quick1351672154.zip (1.05 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by unicornxp; 10-31-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Great job man, doing it with mage. Make sure you have trolls on next island or call of colosus, coz spider boss is next progress block and you can still reload if necessary.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

yay, just killed giant spider with no-loss on impossible

It's quite easy with trolls and stone skins, but its such a long and repetitive fight.

I have a viking so i had to cast magic spring as well, but as a mage or skald its easier to get mana regeneration lvl 2 or 3 so you don't have to cast magic spring and just focus on stone skins so all trolls can attack the spider.

I had 2 trolls attacking and 1 was mana 'regenerator'

Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

So can you get stuck anywhere else coz atm game seems super easy, Rune Mages are just op, even easier to do with them than with droids in previous game. Don't think this game will provide any challenge from this point on, or is there something to look forward? Think i'll just wait for patches and do impossible no-loss when things are fixed.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

I'm pretty sure that Rune Mages are *so good* that using them basically prevents any real bragging rights, heh. Which makes me sad, because I like some of the idea behind them, just not, y'know, how they end up working.

It occurs to me that if their Runic Word built in ability actually correctly gave 6 runs with 40 Mind runes, they wouldn't even need mana or rage to fuel their infinite resurrection ability, since each luck rune spent would give 2 lucks runes, and 2 defense runes back. Seriously impossible to mess that up.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samu66el View Post
I play first island on "normal" and that was easy.
Well then you should definitely switch to impossible if you seek any challenge coz first island is hardest point of the game as it seems.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornxp View Post
I got it! No loss KO the necromancer !

this game i got call of nature but no healing>_<

only mage can afford the 40mana cost ~~~ paladin and warrior may need many scrolls to make this result~~

(quicksave added)

Are all those Griffons from Call of Nature? That's some pretty nuts stuff to see.

I'm completely exhausted with trying Uldaur on Soothsayer Impossible No loss. No Call of Nature scrolls, no spells except for stoneskin, and of course the ice circle spell in rune magic (that I think you start with). No heal.

2 Soothsayer units for sale. I've gotten the fight pretty close since his army is not particularly difficult (only 17 skeleton archers! 1 Ancient Vampire, but like 25 ghosts). It's amazing how frustratingly close you can get, and then... Ghost blade kills a soothsayer and you have to start again. Only thing I got of note was a scroll for +15% crit chance, which I'm going to use for the three final fights. (Already did Ahriman, kited through Uldaur's cave to do him next, but can't get the kill).

Anyhow, I've uploaded a save folder if someone wants to one-up me. Unzip to your $save/addon folder and it should show up as one of your quick saves I think. I'd do a full normal save of your game first though, just in case...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZechnophobeFail.zip (1.06 MB, 6 views)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Hey unicornxp,

Have you got the save file from just past Uladar or Eric? I want to do a no loss but the RNG is driving me nuts. I've taken down ahriman myself no loss, but it took 70+ reloads. The quick save you have is just before the fight, not after lol .

Last edited by McSwan; 11-07-2012 at 02:28 AM.