Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
5./JG27 will send a Wreath........
sounds good to me
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

I wish my landgenoten all the best of luck and hopefully we will see some awsomeness soon

Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Hi,

I have been following the Paccus FFB joystick story from the very beginning [http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ghlight=paccus & http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...FFB-joystick?] and, IMHO, I am afraid their 'long term' project means what it really looks like: a very looooong one. They have once faced the usually high wordwide patent and initial development costs and it looks it all has force them to totally decelerate the Hawk and Falcon promotional process in the web. Almost no items have been handed over to PC simulation mags for testing or the expected ads on these have shown up. Therefore, apart from their blog and the participation in some hardgamers fairs, only our comments in this and other forums is all you can find in the web or the real world.

Price is high, yes, quite high, [a high quality car is usually also very costly] but sure it deserves every single euro. And if Hawk delivers what it still promises, you have a joy for a lifetime. I guess they will deliver a durable quality at least equal or superior to CH products - also producer of industrial and professional joysticks - but equipped with FFB and better components (hall effect position sensors [no wear] instead of mechanical ones) apart from the hidraulic piping.

I must admit I once seriously thought about purchasing a Hawk - they invited me to visit their stand at the last London fair - to substitute my ageing MS Sidewinder FFB2. But I swear I was doubtful about spending such a huge ammount of money on a stick I could not test or even touch before emptying by wallet, and, important, coming from a newbie company in simulation HW like Paccus. Had I to fly to the fair in London or the Netherlands before to see how their FFB feels? was that the additional price to pay to get a decent substitute for the Sidewinder? Ouchhh!

Nevertheless, lets hope for the best not too far in time.

AA_Engadin.

Last edited by engadin; 09-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.