Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

The planes I know of and have unlocked in multi thus far:

I play mostly player matches because I tend to play in a room full of friends, so A) it doesn't matter if you play ranked or unranked; B) the plane you use determines the plane you get.

100 kills in Spitfire Mk IX unlocks Spitfire Mk XVI (bubble canopy, Packard engine, 2 machine guns, 2 x 20mm cannons, can also carry 2 x 250lb bombs)

100 kills in Bf-109 G-6 unlocks Bf-109 K-4

100 kills in Fw-190 D9 (possibly A5 too, just did it in the D9) unlocks Fw-190 F8(ground attack version, pretty hard to kill)

I have unlocked quite a few weapons packages doing assorted Strike games, but I didn't keep track of them. I have been told that 100 Hurricane kills will unlock the Hurricane II, which had 4 x 20mm cannons, but I haven't seen one yet. My best advice is to keep killing, stop leaving games when you're losing, and please keep track of what you're unlocking so we can get this mess behind us.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Good info. I knew about the Spit and the K-4. Any info on the ground attack weapon kit for the Fw-190 F8?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intheboondocks View Post
has anyone thought of the possibility of unlocking in training? I can't get broadband where I live and would be angry if I can't unlock online planes
Yeah... I wish ALL planes could be unlocked without needing to play multiplayer. They should all be unlocked by playing in campaign, single missions and training. It's just not fair for people that don't have their console online...
Old 09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeFan View Post
Yeah... I wish ALL planes could be unlocked without needing to play multiplayer. They should all be unlocked by playing in campaign, single missions and training. It's just not fair for people that don't have their console online...
I understand your point of view, however, console gaming has changed over the years. To get the full experience you should really have HDTV and ADSL.

You would really do yourself a favour by getting your console online, you're missing out on so much good stuff!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_the_Rat View Post
Not to give them any ideas, but what the developers could do in the future is make a DLC pack that unlocks every plane in the game, for a price. Burnout Paradise has this. That way, people who want to put in the time can unlock them for free but those lacking the time and the talent can still download the DLC and get access to their favourite plane, for a price.
I REALLY like this idea. This would be a great option for people like me who don't play very much of multi-player.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
I understand your point of view, however, console gaming has changed over the years. To get the full experience you should really have HDTV and ADSL.

You would really do yourself a favour by getting your console online, you're missing out on so much good stuff!
I connect my PS3 console to my modem when I want to go online. I just don't do it very often. I'll probably give multiplayer a try this weekend. Thanks for the tips...
Old 09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

The unlocks are geared towards multiplayer anyway. Only other mode they could be used in is training. Aside from the Spitfire I've already unlocked the only other one I'd strive for is the B-17. As for them being DLC I would think its doubtful as collecting them all nets you an achievement.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

what about the me 109 G-10?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petarted View Post
what about the me 109 G-10?
have not seen anyone with it yet