Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqubit View Post
Nice landing. I thought you would crash your left wing on that building or what?? But no ... Indeed the plane feels small compared to that bridge thing.

Anyway, well done
yeah, when i saw that i was like sh*t! But i managed to swerve and narrowly miss it
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Is the video sped up at the end when you take off?

It looks like that puppy has rocket engines.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

Sadly, this is one of my pet peeves about this game, the takeoff. You can go from 0 to WEP in 1 second with no consequences while taking off and take off in 15-30 feet.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Just saying, but shouldn't this go in your video thread?? Nice video though. I've successfully landed on the bridge as well.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

Its rather like landing on a carrier, but with a bit more room for error. Still, getting it on the first go is very good, it took me multiple tries to land a Seafire on a carrier.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Can someone confirm the take-off afterburners on sim mode please?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Steven View Post
Can someone confirm the take-off afterburners on sim mode please?
I can't take-off that fast, nor can I slow down anywhere near that speed on Simulator.

Are you sure that's not in arcade mode? You shed your speed so quickly?

Also, I just landed on the bridge... the small one! lol I ran out of 'runway' pretty quickly and it ended in flames!

I tried the longer bridge, and like all my landings in this game - they're smooth and gentle but trying to get the plane past that bl**dy 31mph brick wall is so difficult.
The easiest way to stop using 'aviator' config is to ding your prop so the engine cuts! lol
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Let me try to elaborate. In IL-2 1946 skipping the sim engine starting and all that, you can be on a carrier with chocks up and engine at 70% and let go of chocks it takes the whole carrier to get up to speed for takeoff and that is with the engines warmed up. Imagine the same thing except the acceleration is so fast on the ground its like the plane is accelerating in the air from 0-170+ by the time you can safely pull up you really aren't that far from where you started.

And on the landing thing, I tried to land on the harbour walls between the light houses on the left wall, I almost got it but when I hit 20 km/h I hit the lighthouse!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguall View Post
...you can be on a carrier with chocks up and engine at 70% and let go of chocks it takes the whole carrier to get up to speed for takeoff and that is with the engines warmed up.
Yeah and that's usually with the carrier moving into the wind, giving you an even higher airspeed. And even then, you can't pull up that hard unless you want to go for a swim.

I tried that lighthouse landing too! lol I cant' stop the plane in time because of the '31mph bug' and the lack of brakes using the aviator setup!

Has anyone tried to go under a bridge yet? I swear you blow up automatically!? I've checked both wings aren't clipping, I'm not grinding the roof etc; you just can't go under them!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

i cant land my plane for some strange reason the lowest speed i ever reached was 150 km/h does anyone has tips for me