Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

View Poll Results: Does the Steam full version of the game come with sans serif fonts?
Yes! 0 0%
No! 0 0%
I don't know, and I don't care! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Default King's Bounty font problem in Nobilis full version

I downloaded and loved the demo version of King's Bounty, and decided to buy the full downloadable version from Nobilis, as it is half the price of the Steam version in Europe.

Turns out someone has decided on going for a more Powerpointesque selection of fonts in this version (calibri.ttf, a sans serif font from Microsoft), I don't know why, and it doesn't look good - a shame since it is on of the most visually pleasing games around...

Here's how I fixed it:

1 - Downloaded the demo version again (http://www.filefront.com/11799044/Ki...e-Legend-Demo/) and installed it alongside the full version.

2 - Found the file [Drive]:\Program Files [...]\1C Company\King’s Bounty - The Legend demo\data\data.kfs. This is the demo version data file.

3 - Renamed this file data.zip and extracted the file font.f using a zip archiving tool such as WinRAR. This file contains the font used in the demo version.

4 - Found the file [Drive]:\Program Files [...]\Nobilis\King's Bounty The Legend\data\data.kfs, duplicated it and renamed this duplicate data.zip. This is the full game version data file.

5 - Inserted the file font.f in this archive.

6 - Edited the file fonts.cfg in this archive, the line reading "font=calibri.ttf" should read "font=font.f".

7 - Renamed "data.kfs" "data.bak.kfs". Always good to have a backup of the original files in case of updates.

8 - Renamed the newly edited "data.zip" "data.kfs". The game should now use the font file font.f, as in the demo.

9- Uninstalled the demo version.

Needless to say, I don't know how this affects future updates of the game, so keep the original files!

If anyone knows why the game now is published with calibri as the default font, please enlighten me - my first impression was that it was caused by a bug in the Windows font handler... Is this the same with the steam version of the game?

Last edited by joakimcs; 08-12-2009 at 08:58 PM.