Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

I have a question about the expansion.
In KB:TL, burn or poison was weak at the beginning of the game and quickly totally useless because it did almost no damages.

Have the poison and burn damages been increased in the expansion ? Are they finally useful "bonuses" to kill enemy troops?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Yes, now they are pretty powerfull
Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

They are seriously powerful now. In fact some guys on the Russian forum were complaining that they are now too strong, as they can do far more damage than you'd expect (say from a stack of 5 archers). Methinks I'll be using Dispel a lot more now.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
They are seriously powerful now. In fact some guys on the Russian forum were complaining that they are now too strong, as they can do far more damage than you'd expect (say from a stack of 5 archers). Methinks I'll be using Dispel a lot more now.
They were fixed in the latest patch. Now they are not overpowered.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

I guess the european version will be already patched when it's released ?

Another question : Does the game still automatically pauses in windowed mode when you click outside the window? :/

And one more about the dig ability. I didn't like at all in KB the fact you can spam the d key without any reloading time.
I don't know if it's the same way in KB:AP, but if not, it's a little problem because you don't have to be careful at the light rays on the ground. You find any treasure, at the price of an "uncomfortable gameplay feature" (my english isn't very good, I hope you understand my point).

I think in any game, when you can be more powerful or have any advantage in the game just for the price of an uncomfortable/boring action (another example I could say was the wand shots in world of warcraft : before, you must spam the fire key because there wasn't any autoshot... You COULD shot each second by spamming the key, at the price of an annoying action. It was fixed some months later), it's a little flaw in the gameplay.

So, I think a little cooldown for the dig ability (~5-10 seconds) could change this ability to be more interresting, and especially much gratifying : Cool, I just find a treasure because I was attentive to the subtle clue on the map, not because I was spamming the D key like stupid.

What do you think about this?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

I think walking around the map hitting the D key is really sad and repetitive. It's not like the swirling light thing is that hard to notice.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

What? People do that? Why? As Zhuangzi said, the light is incredibly easy to spot.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Yes i see no point in dig spam as well
Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Okay, I admit it. I tend to spam because I secretly love the dig sound. "tac" "tac" "tac...
Old 08-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Interview with Ajven http://www.hookedgamers.com/features..._princess.html