Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rittmeister86 View Post
Essentially, hardcore console gamers have to realise that we consist of about a third (or less) of the console aviation genre. We are never going to be the primary focus of ANY marketing strategy. Thats what makes BOP so special. One game, and everybody is happy. Any good marketing team knows that the hardcore fans are constantly searching the internet and available resources for information. BUT...the more casual gamers are only going to buy what is shoved in front of them. This is why the marketing team has pushed the arcade mode so much. They know what we are all talking about here. They know what we want, and they have promissed it to us. We just have to trust them to deliver it. And they will, lest they ruin their reputations.
I liked your post but specially this part.
Good point.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Guys, that's silly.
Flight sim lovers will definetly play demo, and will be able to get their opinion before buying the game.
Casual players have to be convinced, that even demo is not too hard and worth playing.
That's why all videos are in Arcade mode.
It is reasonable, and that's why it is so.

So, please, stop ask for a sim video - it is useless. I guess, you'll play demo in any case, even if we'll make 100 more Simulation videos, huh?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_medina View Post
I liked your post but specially this part.
Good point.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Guys, that's silly.
Flight sim lovers will definetly play demo, and will be able to get their opinion before buying the game.
Casual players have to be convinced, that even demo is not too hard and worth playing.

So, please, stop ask for a sim video - it is useless. I guess, you'll play demo in any case, even if we'll make 100 more Simulation videos, huh?
Thanks for clearing it up for us. We really do appreciate you being here for us.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

we know sim is in the game thats fine by me, just hope to see a video of a little bit of action, the last gameplay was just flight, or show uss some multiplayer trailer if its arcade i dont mind, i know sim pilots will enjoy this game also
Old 07-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Guys, that's silly.

That's my point exactly. It's a game first and foremost. We need people to play it!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

arcade vids are fine but it would be nice to see a full length dogfight
Old 07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Guys, that's silly.

See you say this but when you look at youtube comments of the videos or comments on another forum, hardly any (if at all) say something like "glad theres arcade mode" Mostly its comments asking about the games SIM mode and realism. So im not convinced the "mass market" do want to see arcade mode.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Guys, that's silly.

Agreed, ofcourse it would be nice to see some simulation footage but as you said we are all going to download the demo before the games launch, so we will see what it's like then.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
Yeah your right I re-read the thread. Still the point is that they understand that a demo is that important. He clearly states that it will have both sim and arcade in the demo. That should be enough said right there. The demo will speak for itself. I don't know any gamers on my list that buy a game without playing a demo. Every week I get probably 15 messages from XBL friends about a new game coming out. XBL is a rumor mill and if the demo is a good one then the game will do well even on release day, however I do think that it will do even better a little while after release day.

I just don't see TV commercials and things like that making a difference in sales in the USA. Now if it was 10 yrs ago, then yes, it would make a difference. The best marketing going on today is social networking and thats what XBL is. I also think that magazine ads and some good ads on Ign or some place like that helps.

The ps3 isn't like that as much, but on XBL a demo makes or breaks a game on the 360. The hard core sim players are going to know about the sim mode before release date. If they don't then they aren't really sim fans.
DESODE
True. I like what you said.