Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 06-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Registered Member

Default How to make the game run better

After reading this entire forum and some others, even hopping to find an optimation from the Teawguide (but no dice, his setting for stalker clear sky where spot on) and try on my own machine i found the "best" setting to play this game smootly on most machine.

i own 2, each 2 years i put my old hardware in my wife's pc, they are

AMD x2 6000+ , 4 gig corsair, 8800gtx nvidia 512mb

AMD 9950 quadcore black edition, 4 gig corsair, hd4870 ATI 1gig

As you all know by now this game doesn t support multi core processing that why even top PC run this game badly, so you need to keep as much off the CPU as you can

1.On nvidia machine, IF YOU HAVE A PHYSX ABLE CARD, turn it on, it allways worst with it off no matter what. But for all other, turn both (if you are in dx10) physics setting off, the hardware one and the advance one, it will cut down a lot of the stettering.

2. Make sure you install the patch 1.1 , it's mainly for nvidia card, but it fix the artifact issue with shader 4.0 on ATI card too, plus a few bug aswell. BE AWARE: if when you download the patch and try to apply it it says: "game not found", you have the wrong version of the patch. They are not propely diferenciated on the name, so double check and get the right one and it will work.

3. In audio settings turn HD audio off, even with a sound card it will help a little, if you have integrated sound it's worth at least 3 fps. The sound still sound great without it, you won't miss it so much, if you do, play with an headphone, the diference is then very little. ( no , don't answer by "well my headset is so leet i'll ear the diference bla bla bla, no one cares you blast your ears with a 300 quids headset, you'll be def at 30, idiot!)

4. this is the painfull one i know : turn your resolution down , way down. The trick is to turn it 2/3 down to what you usualy use, and then put antialasing and antiisotropicisland on. Put texure detail to max, map to medium, specular map to low, shadow to medium or off.

5. turn both water setting off, together they are worth 9 fps on both my machine.

With that done, you should be on the 30 to 40 fps at all time, expect ont the game set piece, when a bady jump out of a lot of clutter for exemple, that simply to much for a quarter of my cpu and i go down to 15fps for a few second, thankfully, it actualy no so often in the game.

On a last note though : IT IS A SHAMEFULL thing that anyone would try to sell a high end game that DOESN T SUPPORT MULI-CORE CPU. 1c risk to find themself in the same bin that Treyarch as game devlopper, when you ignore your community, arrogant devs end up loosing their jobs, ask the team that ignore the community of Quantum of Solace !! BUT IT EVEN MORE SHAMEFULL THAT THEY IS NO PATCH FOR IT. As i say, reputation is a tricky thing, ignore us now and don't care, think that it doesn't matter, but let's see if you still doing games in ten years or even have a job in this industry.

Great game, terrible , terrible support.

Last edited by Shadowimpact; 06-20-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Worked for me. That was very useful. Thank you.

It's very sad that this game is not better optimized. I saw good reviews in the press. It's one of the most original FPSs I've played for years. I'm thoroughly enjoying the storytelling and gameplay. I shall certainly play it through. However, it's frustrating that I'm having to run it at 960x600 to get 30-40fps.

Thanks, again.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

np, sadly by the time you reach the near end it seems things get worst.

but all in all, we shouldn't have to even have to twick the game or play it down res, 1C is a big disapointement to me.

i simply wouldn't play it anymore until the game get multicore support.

If you have enought that the gamming industrie is the only mass media and mass consuption industry without legal quality control, so game like this happen and it just feel like you got your money stolen, then keep an hear out on the net.

I hear that a game media law firm intent to sue multiple games to get refound or partial refound for all the buyer that sign in on it. This will be aim at games like Cryostasis that don't give the media experience avertised and paid for for being an underpart product. The time of unfinished games and unpunished devolopers is arriving, from what i hear things will start popping up on the internet in the next few month for it, take part in it if you have enought that game devs and their publisher think they have no responsability to their customer.