Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 05-20-2019, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Unable to uninstall after 4.14 update

Since the application of the 4.14 update I have no way to - conventionally - uninstall. (After application of the 4.14.1 update this is still the case, too.)

The uninstall shortcut has vanished from the Start Menu entry, and the game does not appear in the menus for removing programmes in Settings, Control Panel or CCleaner. The uninstall EXE is also nowhere to be found in the game's folder. nb: unins000.dat, unins000.ini and unins000.msg are still present.

I believe, after doing a little searching, this is related to 4.14 removing 'foreign' EXEs (to much chagrin) as described elsewhere recently on this board.

Will the ability to uninstall normally be fixed soon? I loathe the thought of having to go through the registry and so on.

A shame this wonderful update has been marred by this little annoyance.

(Using GOG* version of Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946 and up-to-date Windows 10. *I should have waited for the GOG version of the update, as in the past... )
Old 06-16-2019, 10:26 PM
What the heck...?

I recently had the same problem.

Eventually found out that there was a "run32.dll" (or something similar, don't remember exactly) in the game's folder running silently in the background that was preventing uninstallation. Had to find it and shut it down via Associated Handles in the Resource Manager because it wasn't showing up in the Task Manager.

Needless to say, this was a bit concerning...

Once the .dll was shut down I was finally able to uninstall the game.

I'll say this:
I don't know why DT has taken this course with their latest update (ostensibly for prevention of alleged widespread "cheating" online, but I don't buy that for an instant), but for me it is the last straw. I have been a staunch supporter of this game since the very beginning. I still have the original IL-2 v1.0 CD, and it is still installed on my system. However, v4.14.0 and .1 has behaved as nothing other than malware.

It pains me to say this, considering the excellent new content that 4.14 brings, but I am done with it. v4.13.4 will be the last version of IL-2 I will ever use. The trust has been violated.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

The windows 10 problems are windows 10 problems not il2 problems... I am running windows 7 and the problems above i have not
Old 06-16-2019, 10:56 PM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
The windows 10 problems are windows 10 problems not il2 problems... I am running windows 7 and the problems above i have not
I am running Windows 7 64bit
Old 06-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

We have same os and i do not have any problems with the install or uninstall. Did you install the april or june windows update?
Old 06-16-2019, 11:31 PM
What the heck...?

It's updated.

Windows is on auto update but I often manually check for updates, and always manually install them once downloaded.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

Maybe it is one of the updates problems. I do not install the latest updates cause are buggy, some say they are criticals bugs. Search the internet about them.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Win 7 64bit here too, and uninstall works just fine. I do not think this is the fault of DT.