Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 05-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheshouse View Post
Expanding map boundaries or cropping existing maps is fairly easy, as long as you have access to the required map tools. Adding land areas is obviousliy a different matter if it involves extensive re-population.
Full repopulation only if you expand to the north or the west.
If you expand the map to the south and east, your original objects stay at their place, you "just" have to populate your "new" landmass.
Got this pb when making the merge of kuban and crimea (work never published, finished at 85%, but looking soo much better than the one that appeared some years ago, without all the objects bugs and all the textures displaced...yeah, i congratulate myself ), to respect the allignment of the 2 land masses, had to add some new terrain to the north on crimea and kuban, and to replace the original objects, i saved several files (large cities, small cities, villages) and done some copy paste with the repositioning in zoom mode) several hours work but it worked.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatflyski View Post
Full repopulation only if you expand to the north or the west.
If you expand the map to the south and east, your original objects stay at their place, you "just" have to populate your "new" landmass.
Useful information and very helpful for some maps, like Kyushu or some of the Black Sea maps.

But, unfortunately for the Murmansk map, the areas that need to be added are to the north and west!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Its not too difficult expanding the map north or west, but in addition to the basic graphics work on the *.tga files it is necessary to "shift" the coordinates of all the existing objects and bridges to suit the location of the new map origin. Any new land area created will still need to have objects added to populate it.

A good start point is to read the stuff here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,121.0.html

and especially here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,33463.0.html

There is an Actors Cut and Shift tool, which as its says, is used to shift the coordinates of objects or to crop down object sets, if say a map is reduced in size.

Last edited by Asheshouse; 05-24-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Approved Member

Anyhow some vaster maps would be nice, especially for the heavy bombers and for anti-shipping/coastal raid missions.
Can it be solved by vast expanses of water off coastal areas or in between land massesit would be great!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

I would like to see a new map of Finland, covering the area South of the Murmansk-map and North of the Gulf of Finland-map. Or atleast a larger generic map representing part of this area.
Since we already have the J8 Gladiator as a flyable since so many years it's ashame there is no map to use it properly, as flown by Svenska Frivillig Kårens squadron F19 during the Winter War. This Swedish squadron literally defended the entire North of Finland alone against the VVS from their arrival on 10 January 1940 until the end of the war on 13 March.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Thanks. Did not know about F19. The story is documented on Wikipedia in case any one else is interested.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
I would like to see a new map of Finland, covering the area South of the Murmansk-map and North of the Gulf of Finland-map. Or atleast a larger generic map representing part of this area.
Since we already have the J8 Gladiator as a flyable since so many years it's ashame there is no map to use it properly, as flown by Svenska Frivillig Kårens squadron F19 during the Winter War. This Swedish squadron literally defended the entire North of Finland alone against the VVS from their arrival on 10 January 1940 until the end of the war on 13 March.
Finnish Maps Collection here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,43113.0.html
Old 07-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheshouse View Post
Thanks but I don't do mods. I only fly the stock game. But when I saw the first Finnish maps a few years ago amongst the mods I hoped that some of them would find their way into the official TD-updates one day. Sadly that hasn't happend yet.

But...I have high hopes for the future!
Old 07-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretone View Post
Thanks. Did not know about F19. The story is documented on Wikipedia in case any one else is interested.
My pleasure! Sweden and Swedish citizens was more involved in WWII then most people realize even though our country was officially neutral.
About 12 000 Swedish men volontered to go and fight to defend Finland during the Winter War, about 8 000 made it there and saw service with the Swedish Volonteer Corps before the Armistice. My grandfather was one of those 8 000.
Other Swedes saw military service with the German Heer, the Waffen-SS, the US Army, Navy and Marine Corps, the R.A.F, the British Army, the Red Army and the French Foreign Legion and probably in other branches of service and with other countries aswell.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

While it's not that important to the game, it would be interesting to have a map of Sweden and surrounding areas, as well as relevant Swedish aircraft from the 1939-46 period (B17, B18, SAAB 21).