Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman1942 View Post
I recently bought a FFB2 off ebay and am using it with an X-52 throttle and Saitek pedals, but the stick is having some weird issues. It'll work normally the first time I run IL-2, but after a while the stick goes totally slack and only vibrates during stalls or weapon firing, but does not return to center. Sometimes when this happens pressing the main trigger will sharply center it, and while the trigger is pressed it seems like the force feedback is enabled, but it goes slack after depressed.

The stick will also sometimes work fine in Rise of Flight, but other times it will start to bounce when you pull it in any direction, like the sensors can't decide if it should center the stick or pull it in another direction. Is all this caused by driver issues, or did I just get a dud off ebay?

Clean the laser sensor holes top and bottom of the handle, on the inside,
you will see small holes that fill with skin and dirt from your hand.

When you place your hand on the handle the light should get brighter and dull when released, this tells you the sensor is working.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 02-04-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Clean the laser sensor holes top and bottom of the handle, on the inside,
you will see small holes that fill with skin and dirt from your hand.

When you place your hand on the handle the light should get brighter and dull when released, this tells you the sensor is working.
The sensors should be clean, I've checked each time to make sure the light is brighter when I'm holding the stick, but I'll give them a cleaning just in case. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Have you re-calibrated it on your PC ?
Old 02-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Have you re-calibrated it on your PC ?
I have, it didn't seem to make much of a difference. The stick has been behaving a little more normally recently, but it sometimes still cuts out, and I've had it cut out once when I pulled the trigger.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Good news

MSFFB2 Windows 8.1

No longer looses FFB when going to desktop and returning to the game.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

Default wow

I had a Logitech force pro stick just go dead on me , and after looking for a replacement and not finding any with FF I ended up buying a new used sidewinder ff2 . WOW! What a difference ! I can actually aim now . I was hating my Logitech and the elevator function was fading out on it . The Sidewinder is so much better of a stick with much much more feedback it's amazing . I was getting tired of my sims with the old stick but now it's gotten interesting once again . Way more finesse and way more range in movement with this stick . Worth every penny of the 120 I paid for it .
Old 07-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Global Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
I had a Logitech force pro stick just go dead on me , and after looking for a replacement and not finding any with FF I ended up buying a new used sidewinder ff2 . WOW! What a difference ! I can actually aim now . I was hating my Logitech and the elevator function was fading out on it . The Sidewinder is so much better of a stick with much much more feedback it's amazing . I was getting tired of my sims with the old stick but now it's gotten interesting once again . Way more finesse and way more range in movement with this stick . Worth every penny of the 120 I paid for it .
Curious posting. Where do you buy a new Sidewinder FF2?
They haven't made them in about 10 years AFAIK.

I have one, and I've held onto and maintained it carefully all these years.

It would be indeed good news, if MSFT was making it again.

I have a CH Products package including the programmable keyboard. Never a problem, works great.
Still I love the SWFF2, because the pedals can be a nuisance. Just twisting the stick for rudder does make things easier.
You don't have the feel or immersion of flying, but that isn't that big a deal when the ole lady reminds you to quit... dinner is on the table.

Last edited by nearmiss; 07-15-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Curious posting. Where do you buy a new Sidewinder FF2?
They haven't made them in about 10 years AFAIK.

I have one, and I've held onto and maintained it carefully all these years.

It would be indeed good news, if MSFT was making it again.

I have a CH Products package including the programmable keyboard. Never a problem, works great.
Still I love the SWFF2, because the pedals can be a nuisance. Just twisting the stick for rudder does make things easier.
You don't have the feel or immersion of flying, but that isn't that big a deal when the ole lady reminds you to quit... dinner is on the table.
Umm yeah that's why I said a new (to me) USED stick .If you re-read my post you'll see the word used beside new Immersion level is fine for me , I really couldn't picture myself getting rudder pedals . The twist grip works well

Last edited by pencon; 08-02-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Did I make any spelling mistakes?

Relax, this is forums for informal discussions.

What I said, or you said won't make the papers.

Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Default Fixin My MSFFB2

So my FFB2 fell off my desk and now the stick does not work i still get the resistance but no in game control the throttle still works in game but nothing on the stick its self its only fallen once and theirs no external damage is it possible one of the boards inside it has been chipped or cracked?

Id like to keep this beast working for a longer time