Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb Turtle dialog box goes crazy at 2560x1600

SPOILER WARNING - don't read along if you don't know which turtle I'm talking about

Hi there, I'm the proud (though now broke) owner of a 30" monitor, and KB:TL looks great on it. I spotted a glitch in the dialog box after "the Heya encounter" though. At the native 2560x1600 resolution, and at that resolution only, the lenghty text takes only 2 lines, and part of the first line goes offscreen :

Pretty odd since the text is displayed properly (over 9 lines) in all other 16:10 resolutions.

Glitch still present in v1.6.5.
If there's a way to manually mod/fix this by myself, I'm all ears
Old 11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztorm View Post
SPOILER WARNING - don't read along if you don't know which turtle I'm talking about

Hi there, I'm the proud (though now broke) owner of a 30" monitor, and KB:TL looks great on it. I spotted a glitch in the dialog box after "the Heya encounter" though. At the native 2560x1600 resolution, and at that resolution only, the lenghty text takes only 2 lines, and part of the first line goes offscreen :

Pretty odd since the text is displayed properly (over 9 lines) in all other 16:10 resolutions.

Glitch still present in v1.6.5.
If there's a way to manually mod/fix this by myself, I'm all ears
I'll send this bug to devs, we try to solve this problem. Other dialogs displayed normal or also with this bug?

Last edited by Nike-it; 11-20-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

So far it's the only dialog box that's "broken" at 2560x1600 - but I've not completed the game yet. Other dialog boxes are ok... I guess this glitch only occurs with really long text not getting aligned as it should at 2560x1600 for some reason.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Woops ! Found another one : the Info box of Vakrista's mask.

However, not all "dialog boxes with long texts" are broken...
Old 12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Red face

And woops again. Running the game with the dvd in the drive (Nobilis version) shows no bug. False alarm, sorry !!!

Last edited by Nike-it; 12-03-2008 at 10:08 AM.