Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
I finished with warrior on impossible, I had resurrect and never used it at all.
I found that inquisitors + gift is better; the other (and better) substitute for resurrect is the time back ability of the Reaper spirit, and it is far more powerful than resurrect for two reasons: there is no limit to the amount you can resurrect, and you can resurrect things that cannot be resurrected via the spell - just upgrade it and learn to use it.
Done all that. Timeback is my best friend for the Griffins. But it gets ridiculous when the AI spawns massive armies that even that tactic can't handle. I dont know how some of you are coping?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixreborn View Post
The reaper strategy doesn't help for most of the game.
It's an excellent move but not the complete tactic as it's only one unit you can help with i.e. Griffins

I must admit I spent a lot of money on crap i.e Druids for example
Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Hey Alon,

As for units going out of control without enough Leadership when you "over stack" them during combat: my extensive experience proved without a doubt that they will never attack your troops, but just mile about doing nothing at all, BUT they will attack those enemy troops who attacked them first, if they are in range - they are leaderless not brainless!

Are you playing on normal or hard?
I noticed when i changed from normal to hard, that when you overstack in battle, your units will:-
1. Attack ANY unit within range and usually yours if it has the choice.
2. The fight will NOT end until you get them back "under" control, even after you have killed ALL the enemy.

I did it once and my blue snakes wiped out half my goddam army until i realised what was going on and cast a fire arrow on them. With their "no retaliation" ability making things very very messy!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

I'm playing warrior on Normal, and my Elves (whose leadership exceeded that of my hero because I inadvertently accepted more of them from someone) did attack another stack of mine. So yeah, it does happen.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

does Hypnotise spell affects my own overstacked units??
example below:
-cast Phantom on stack of Griffins
-split Phantom and Griffins
-attack two different enemy stacks with splitted Phantoms (enemy retaliate) then attack with splitted Griffins
-cast Timeback of original stack of griffins (they'll be unleadershiped)
-cast Hypnotise on timebacked stack of griffins

but the question is:
will hypnotise work??
if not other way is having evil eyes and use their abbility to aim targets with those overstacked Griffins then gift evil eyes etc.

I don't have Hypnotise spell yet so I can't check