Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Registered Member

Default Mana bug

In my game (mage), I am level 7 and have picked +7 mana twice. I also have a ring +5 mana, and have picked up +7 mana from treasures.

Starting mage mana is 35. My mana should be +21 more, for an intrinsic value of 56, +5 from the ring = 61.

Problem is, game shows my mana as 42 with the ring or 37 without.

This seems to be a bug. Something is screwed up between the mana artifacts and the level-ups such that I have received no credit for the two mana +7s at level up. My mana was improving correctly, and then it seems to have been messed up at level-up or with adding/removing items.

I see no bug forum here, and bugs are not the same as technical support for getting the game running. If this is not the right place, the moderator is welcome to move this post. Thanks.

Addendum:

This seemed to start after I started using the "Book of Evil" spell. There seems to be some bug regarding how the BoE alters the hero's mana. I reloaded the game before the BoE spell was scribed and had no problems, so I strongly suspect that is the culprit.

Last edited by Falconhurst; 09-29-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhurst View Post
In my game (mage), I am level 7 and have picked +7 mana twice. I also have a ring +5 mana, and have picked up +7 mana from treasures.

Starting mage mana is 35. My mana should be +21 more, for an intrinsic value of 56, +5 from the ring = 61.

Problem is, game shows my mana as 42 with the ring or 37 without.

This seems to be a bug. Something is screwed up between the mana artifacts and the level-ups such that I have received no credit for the two mana +7s at level up. My mana was improving correctly, and then it seems to have been messed up at level-up or with adding/removing items.

I see no bug forum here, and bugs are not the same as technical support for getting the game running. If this is not the right place, the moderator is welcome to move this post. Thanks.

Addendum:

This seemed to start after I started using the "Book of Evil" spell. There seems to be some bug regarding how the BoE alters the hero's mana. I reloaded the game before the BoE spell was scribed and had no problems, so I strongly suspect that is the culprit.
Thanx for coming up with this topic, I am not so precise in double-checking all my bonuses if they match, but I have realized that I should have more mana that I actually have.
Not only that - also I realized that in-combat mana income (I have 1st level concentration skill : +2 / round) but I get only +1 each round... this is not fair ( my win/loss is based on mana)

For rage I can't comment as I don't exactly know when rage should / shouldn't be added, I just thought that rage is gained for kill/ damage. Sadly when I kill some weak enemy I get NADA / zero rage (well at least one rage would be appreciated!)

Could be the rules of getting rage published?

BTW - end yes - I have already used "book of evil" spell - but I am not sure if the problem was only after I used this spell. (Also first time I finished the game with Paladin - never used this spell and never saw issues with mana or rage, but again - I have not specially checked so I could missed it)

Last edited by Gatts; 10-02-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Related to the in battle mana regen. there is no bug , if u are careful u should have noticed that only happens after a set nr. of turns and u get a mesage in the lines of youre hero is tired!
Ex: concentration 1 first 10 turn +2, after (eg turn 11) +1.
Dont u think that long battles should be a burdon on youre mind ?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibster View Post
Related to the in battle mana regen. there is no bug , if u are careful u should have noticed that only happens after a set nr. of turns and u get a mesage in the lines of youre hero is tired!
Ex: concentration 1 first 10 turn +2, after (eg turn 11) +1.
Dont u think that long battles should be a burdon on youre mind ?
Sure it is... but long battles is stil what I am longing for.

Still I hope that the Max Mana cummulation works as it should, what is much more important.