Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojimbo View Post
guys its only a longshot but turn automatic update OFF in steam and use this link to download an earlier patch:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32916

drop that in and give it a go, don't know if it will work as i have win7 but anything is worth a try.
Amazingly that worked, well sort of. Not particularly stable, but it will load and run a mission. It crashes if you go back to the menu and try and load another mission. Odd things happen in combat and the flight physics feels off. You can kill the opposing pilot and crew but the plane keeps flying regardless of hits, though damage shows. Maybe that's how that patch was? Or maybe it's the mixture of more recent files with the older patch.

So it isn't a solution, but it shows it's the most recent patch which is the cause of the Launcher.exe crash issue.

Ubisoft support insist Windows XP is still a supported OS for the game, but so far haven't come up with any suggestions different to those made by users in this forum.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Just to add my name to the list of those affected, I'm having the same issue. game tries to load, gets to 100%, crashes without fail faulting launcher.exe. The error log shows it's an issue with .net 4.0, like everyone else affected. It really would be nice if they tested these patches before launching them...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Hi all,

Same here... exactly the same... and no fix apparently...

Leo "Apollo11"
Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Default winxp 32bit problem

hi,
I have the same problem as mentioned above, is there still no soultion?
Old 08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummsfeld View Post
hi,
I have the same problem as mentioned above, is there still no solution?
Problem is not fixed and is unlikely to be as 1C have long since abandoned support. I think it's a memory issue. The latest patch probably pushes the memory required beyond that available in a 32 bit system. This would explain why Launcher tries to read location 0, which is the error I get when it crashes. I tried unselecting every graphic option to try and reduce the amount of data being loaded but still the game runs out of memory while loading.

Basically the minimum requirements of the game have changed, making it unusable for people like us whose specs were previously OK. Best bet for a solution is to approach the vendor of the game. In my case that was Just Flight, and they offered me an exchange for another title which I accepted. I'm not sure Steam or UbiSoft would be so generous. UbiSoft don't recognise there is a problem with 32 bit Windows and simply ran me around in circles trying various pointless suggestions.

Customers have been very badly treated by 1C.

Kevin
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Now I tried a crazy solution that was partially mentioned above, and surprisingly it worked (partially.) I had the original game patched with the official final patch, then i applied the Team fusion mod 3.0 and at least the beta patch 18301 - and the game worked! Crashes only came when all gets too crowded, I have to stay a bit beyond middle video settings. If a mission crashes, a reboot helps. So, nice graphics, but gameplay is not better than in il2 1946.