Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 01-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Launcher not working

Hi, first of all, I wanted to say that I am a long time player of the Il-2 series and that I am very excited with this version.

But when I finished installing it, with everything going OK, I tried to launch it, and things got rough.

Every time I launch the game, no matter if it is from my desktop, from Steam or from the launcher file in the installation folder, it appears a logo of a plane inside a circle, and after 5 seconds, an error message appears, saying:

"Launcher has stopped working"
"Windows is looking for a solution..."

It stays like that for about 20 seconds, and then it says:

"Launcher has stopped working due to a problem. Windows will close it and look for a solution."

I am very concerned about this problem, as I just bought this new game and still not been able to run it... Please, help me!

Thanks a lot!!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Approved Member

Hi Orik4321,

You haven't got this problem on your own. My instal was running fine then all of a sudden I have the same problem and have been unable to find a fix for it. I even tried a fresh instal but that has failed to fix the problem. I have put a question to "Steam" about it and will wait for a reply. Have tried all the suggestions that I can find on the forums but nothing works, even rolled back my graphics drivers from the Beta versions with no effect. Very frustrating. Will post here if I get some positive result from Steam.

Had a reply from Steam and tried all the suggestions with no result.
Here is the guts of the reply: -

NOTE: If you are running in Windows Vista or Windows 7, please completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator."

You may need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.

Exit Steam entirely.

Browse to your IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover installation folder (Usually C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\)

You will need to run the following installers:

...\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\DotNetFx40_client\dotnetfx40_client_x 86_x64.exe

...\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe

...\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\GDF\GDFInstall.exe

...\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe

Then, restart your computer and test the issue again.

Further support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue:

Title: IL-2 Sturmovik Series

Couldn't get the GDF.exe to work as I get the following error: -

Adding game failed: 0x80004005
GDF binary: E\Steam\Steam Apps\common\il2 sturmovik cliffs of Dover\redist\GDF\GDFExample Binary.dll GDF Install path: E:\Steam\Steamapps\common\il2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\redist\GDF All users 1

Note: This will fail if the game has already been added.

I tried a un-install of the game but then I don't have access to the GDF.exe.

Have asked for further suggestions.

Cheers
Rick

Last edited by RickRuski; 02-10-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

I'm trying a fresh install of Windows 7 to see if that is the reason for my launcher issues in XP, but now I'm unable to launch the sim as I too see the GDFInstall.exe crash now, 100% of the time.

Did you ever get this sorted out?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

I downloaded the game from steam ..... I also have the same problem orik4321 .... sometimes the game does not start ... sometimes it is impossible to play some games .... sometimes stops in the game. steam ..no help .... 1C help? .... recent attempts to solve? ..... new solutions to try in addition to those known so far?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Default Launcher not working

I have the same problem. I installed CoD, run a mission or campaign (I have purchased and campaigns from Desastersoft) ever manage to end the mission, but during the next game freezes with message Launcher not working. Do not know anyone have a solution? it install the game or run applications without Steam? Buffin

Last edited by Buffin; 08-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.