Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 07-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Yes you are quite right, WWII it is. I was carried away by the talk of the P 51.
http://download.softclub.ru/pub/il2p...20grab0003.jpg
Yes, but weren't RRG studios involved with the production of Project Galba? I seem to remember all info about it was on their site.

[edit] Yes, I found this

From 2008:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2624

Flying online as Setback.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Today on the ED Forums from Luthier...

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are.

I've been posting on a Russian forum a bunch last night since that's where the leak came out. Figured I owe it to you guys to actually post everything in English.

Here's what I talked about in Russian yesterday:

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.
2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.
3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.
4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.
5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.
6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.
7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

And here's some new information:

1. Myself and a bunch of ED guys are flying in nice tight formation to the Flying Legends airshow tomorrow. We’ll go TSA on the vintage warbirds there. There’ll be lots of videos and photos.
2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=153
Fantastic news. I was hoping either Oleg or Luthier would not lose heart and would decide instead to start something new.
Great, great, great news.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

I seem to recall that DCS already had plans for their own Sabre and MiG-15. Perhaps this is a reason luthier has chosen to stay with WW2.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
Yes, but weren't RRG studios involved with the production of Project Galba? I seem to remember all info about it was on their site.

[edit] Yes, I found this

From 2008:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2624 .
i think RRG is simply the name of luthiers company (when he started developing the korean war sim in parallel with oleg's original SoW project), and as such that RRG company entity survives even if oleg's old MG company has been disbanded by 1C ( MG had been assimilated/purchased/merged with 1c a few yrs ago)

as such, luthier can do with his own company whatever he wants, revive the old korean flightsim project or make another ww2 sim in cooperation with somebody else (in this case DCS)

sounds like a perfect combination of talents to me, DCS is just now starting to venture into the ww2 era with their p51 (and a fw190 soon to be released), AND they have a 24/7 campaign engine that is a proven and working very advanced system (it calculates supply lines, fuel/munition reserves etc). PLUS, DCS has its new gfx engine almost finished (EDGE).

add to that luthiers knowledge and expertise about the ww2 era, and a few experienced ww2 flightsim programmers and modelers from the old MG stables, and they should fairly quickly have a working ww2 sim (possibly even before RoF's ww2 sim is released in 2014)

with DCS's attention to detail and their focus on flight simulation realism, combined with luthiers talent and experience, we can trust them to create a high quality ww2 sim

this is absolutely freakin fantastic news !!!!
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 07-20-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

I hope that they come up with a convincing sound engine, has always been a disappointment

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

"DCS has its new gfx engine almost finished (EDGE)."

Are there any screenshots on what this new EDGE gfx engine can do, available yet?
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 07-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
"DCS has its new gfx engine almost finished (EDGE)."

Are there any screenshots on what this new EDGE gfx engine can do, available yet?
Go trough this thread and you will find some WIP-Shots:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=4896

Sure the desert of nevada is not spectacular, so i hope a English-Channel map or sth. will look better...
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
Go trough this thread and you will find some WIP-Shots:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=4896

Sure the desert of nevada is not spectacular, so i hope a English-Channel map or sth. will look better...
Thanks for the link. I'm not all that impressed with the terrain, but its still a WIP, so it could well improve. Like you say the Nevada terrain might not show off EDGE in its best light.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

luthier
Quote:
Generally, still under impression of all astounding things with which I was surrounded. About the English district, about the sweetest city of Cambridge, I even didn't mention. But all those planes in air, meetings with all those people who as well as I, live and breathe World War II aircraft, all this gave me a new charge of the enthusiasm, new confidence in the future, new stronger desire to make an astounding product, and continue to work in that crazy genre still long, for many years.

Airshow "Flying Legends 2013":

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post2005112

Last edited by Kaiser; 07-20-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Kaiser;506960]

luthier
Quote:
Generally, still under impression of all astounding things with which I was surrounded. About the English district, about the sweetest city of Kebridzh...
Cambridge?