Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Default Windows 7 64, loads but goes black?

Hello,
first off sorry if this was already posted, i attempted to search for it, although im not perfect, I google'd for solutions as well but I was unable to find an answer.

What I've done so far:
I have installed IL-2 1946 on the C: drive but not in the program files folder, Ive tried compatibility startups, I've attempted to patch it then run it, as well as update drivers, messed with resolution.

What happens:
I launch the game and it fires up to the main screen well, but when I go into a mission it does the loading screen right before it gets you in game and stops at 100% dead in the water. If I press escape it kinda glitches me a moment and i can look around for under a second, and its good picture, after that it goes black again, I can't see the menu, and I cannot see anything but black.

Specs:
i7- 2.4ghz processor, 12gb ram, Geforce 670MX, Windows 7 64bit (Gaming laptop if it matters?).

Thanks for everyone in advance.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:59 AM
zipper

I've been running ATI for awhile now so I'm not really qualified to provide a definate (read: any kind of) answer ... BUT ... ATI did have some OpenGl issues in older games (IL2) awhile back and one either had to backdate the video driver to one that worked OR pull the atioglxx.dll file from the driver that worked, expand it, and drop it into the game main file so it would over ride the newer driver's verson. So, maybe you could try older drivers and, if that works ... keep it or try digging around in it for the opengl dll file ... maybe ... I don't know ...

Another thing to look at might be memory allocation/reporting.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 AM
71st_Mastiff

in the NVIDIA setting turn off the Texture filtering- Anisotropic sample optimization
and Texture filtering - trilinear optimization.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriCro View Post
What I've done so far:
I have installed IL-2 1946 on the C: drive but not in the program files folder, Ive tried compatibility startups, I've attempted to patch it then run it, as well as update drivers, messed with resolution.

What happens:
I launch the game and it fires up to the main screen well, but when I go into a mission it does the loading screen right before it gets you in game and stops at 100% dead in the water. If I press escape it kinda glitches me a moment and i can look around for under a second, and its good picture, after that it goes black again, I can't see the menu, and I cannot see anything but black.

Specs:
i7- 2.4ghz processor, 12gb ram, Geforce 670MX, Windows 7 64bit (Gaming laptop if it matters?).

Thanks for everyone in advance.
In your post, you mentioning "I have installed Il-2 1946...." Did you by chance run Il2setup.exe at least once, to set your graphic settings before launching the game? If, for me (NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti), I don't check "Multitexture" I get weird game launches.