Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 07-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittle View Post
A lot of the new ditching a gear bits I think will really shine in a campaign. Nursing my wounded bird home to find out one of the main gears will not lower and having to make a realistic belly landing will add to the immersion ten fold.
Definitely, I experienced it with a Pe-8 mission recently. AA hit me and I saw one of my main landing gears dropped. I lowered the other gear then raised it again, but the damaged gear stayed down. Later, on approach, when I tried lowering the other gear again, it wouldn't drop; I'm guessing the hydraulic fluid leaked out? I had to make a landing on just one wheel, the slide mark on and off the runway behind my plane looked cool.

Does the Pe-8 have a hydraulic pressure gauge?
Old 07-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I think you'll see a bigger difference between planes that had good diving capabilities and those that don't. The Mach effect, and forgive me if I get this wrong, has a lot to do with the drag of the airframe... so a clean aircraft like the Mustang will accelerate to its dive speed more quickly than something that isn't as aerodynamically clean. The J2M3 was fairly good at aerodynamics (if I remember right) so it may not give you a good example. Mustang compared to a A6M5 Zero might be a different story.
Makes sense, thanks.