Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 06-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

Default Second monitor

Hi Guys

i'm searching from two days the way to view gauges on second screen, i've read a lot of old (and very old) threads about udpspeed etc...

there's a way at the momento to do this? (only offline can be good for me)

i'm searching gauges for Spitfire
Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

i think answer is "no" at this point.

so i guess a good way to use a second monitor can be put on it the map, anyone do this?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

There is no instant easy way of getting gauges displayed on another screen.
CoD has the ability to query the 'instrument states' in alot more detail/fidelity than IL2 - but there is no inbuilt way of exporting them. It is theoretically possible to write a script to collect and parse this data to output via UDP or similar format (still beyond my very meagre programming skills).
In many ways doing things this way would be slightly awkward as the parameters able to be read by CoD are different /more complicated- but it would be a start0 and I know of several people who wish to use something similar for not only gauge display (there are 2 I know who want to use it for motion platforms).
If someone wrote a script to output UDP compatible with UDPSpeed I would have a set of Spit and 109 gauges made fairly quickly- I did some prep work on this before CoD's release.

As I mentioned CoD has more detailed outputs (and NO input facilities unlike devicelink) and in many ways a new client program to use these would be a good idea, indeed the TF mod has memory mapped the data in a format that is accesible directly- for those who know how to program.
So we are still waiting for a genius like Hruks to write a new client program to use this .

Not sure about Map, but I don't think there is a method to have an 'interactive map- ie showing plane positions etc- as this requires communication with the game engine- and to say that is a red rag to a bull with certain, vocal, niches of the 'community' who see anything like this as a cheat/hack, they certainly seemed to scare MG away from such things (imho )
Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Hi Bolox

thanks for your answer, i understood the problem, i will wait for a "genius"

about Map:

i'm not really looking for a interactive map, my second monitor is a 20" 16:9 with the cougar MFD installed on it, so my goal is to have a static jpg map on this screen with (wonder) the possibilty to zoom and move the map with the mfd buttons.

i know your question: "why you don't print the map?"

just becouse i've this second monitor in a good position and i want use it, also becouse i've a lot of printed checklist and last for save a tree!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
i'm not really looking for a interactive map, my second monitor is a 20" 16:9 with the cougar MFD installed on it, so my goal is to have a static jpg map on this screen with (wonder) the possibilty to zoom and move the map with the mfd buttons.
if your second monitor and MFD were connected to a second PC i'm pretty sure you could do something like that - you can zoom images in photo shop with keyboard commands and scroll with arrow keys- there must be a better program tho.
Windows image viewer you can zoom if can emulate mouse wheel in Target.