Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
Blocking all mods out wouldn't be a good idea, I agree. In particular the sound related ones. However, having something that can regulate what is allowed on the server (other than venerable CRT2), so that servers can either allow mods or lock everything non stock out - would be a tremendous help for online community IMO.
Eh... isn't that what CRT is for? It works at least for me. If I don't have the same version, I simply can't join.

BTW: 4.12 will support custom sounds, so that shouldn't be any problem anymore.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 03-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

That's good to know.. Are the triggers in 4.12 as well?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Eh... isn't that what CRT is for? It works at least for me. If I don't have the same version, I simply can't join.

BTW: 4.12 will support custom sounds, so that shouldn't be any problem anymore.
We have had some cases on Battlefields1 back a year or more ago where CRT=2 was a little too aggressive. Different OS versions can sometimes trigger it. It's set to CRT=1 and we have mixed stock and HSFX players now so CRT=2 is out of the question... but it was a problem at one point.

EDIT: Memory is probably a bit off here... it was probably 3-4 years ago.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

@ EJGr.Ost_Caspar I also have the same question as Beercat:
What about triggers in 4.12?? Triggers & scripts in CLOD is great tools, so maybe you should add this functionality to FMB
It will be great improvement for game and awesome gift for us - Sturmovik community

~S~

Last edited by karnalooch; 04-18-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Triggers as we planed it, were not possible due to the ways some other feature was programmed. We are working on a workaround. But its not for 4.12.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 04-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Triggers as we planed it, were not possible due to the ways some other feature was programmed. We are working on a workaround. But its not for 4.12.
This is music to my ears. Thank you TD.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Hello Zuti
I hope your still watching this thread.
I remember asking Bearcat about getting Re Arm and Re fuel in IL 2. I remember Him telling Me that was a Mod and there fore Posting this request was against the rules in the Ubisoft forums. Well Seems there has been a change in the rules and discussion mods is all right now.
I Myself have a great appreciation and respect for anyone that takes the time to add to IL2 Most of all what You did with the MDS v 1.2 mod. In UP 2.0 I was able to take the MDS mod and place it in my HSFX folder and it worked Great For those of us that preferred HSFX over UP it was awesome. And it was compatible with the UP 2.0 server software and that is what I hosted.
This opened a new door for creating exciting mission that required the Pilot to land and re arm. The Options, at that time, where endless with this mod. Until the resources management Mod was released. I gotta tell you My head exploded with ideas. With out the Zuti MDS Mod Resource Management would never have existed
After reading your post I understand why you may have wanted to through your hands in the air and give up on IL2. I wouldn’t blame you in the least bit, if that is what Happened,. Just please understand that what you brought to IL 2 with the MDS is one of the best things that ever could have happened to any flight sim period. And of course this is only my opinion.
I myself had no problems with getting any MOD to work as long as I read the instructions. If I didn’t get them right I would ask someone that did .One thing Is I always installed in a Copy of the game Not the original.
It seems all to often few of use seem to really show our appreciation for what The Diadalos Team, The Team that work on Ultra Pack and the HSFX team do for what has to be the longest running combat flight sim ever released. All of you made that possible And I Thank you for all your hard work All your time invested and the BS politics that you had to endure.

A special thanks to you Zuti for sharing your MDS work with us
I’m thanking You here because I don’t know anywhere else to Say Thanks for your awesome work

Tuph