Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Info on gear flaps etc shown on right side of screen has gone missing...help!

With the new ATAG mod I finally got back the info that shows up on the right hand side of the screen telling me about current staus of gear up or down,flaps up etc and some additional info in small type in red on the top of the screen...all good ...BUT when I transferred al my old saved files( from old 1cSoftclub folder, that is Bldconfig file ,-user file etc.) all these info lines no longer worked - they had disappeared.The obvious solution obviously lies in one of these files & probably requires that I need to change an "0" to a "1" or vice versa.Can someone give me a clue...Its probably quite simple but beyond me.Thanks
Old 03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

The easiest way is to just ALT/click the window and edit it to suit you...it was always available before the mod

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 03-30-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Basic problem solved....for some reason I was missing the complete [Catlog} in ConfUser file! Now i have everything up & working! Now I wish I knew how to edit some of this copy!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

Customizing at the window level is so easy once it is understood...you can resize, drag and position, change some of the fonts size and color's, set the fade out time etc. etc.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

SlipBall- You bring up an interesting point...Right now I have a window in the upper left hand side of the screen that in white type basically gives a running description of the losses,damages etc going on in the flight.This interesting info covers my radio responses in a way that makes them unreadable.I think I want to get rid of it since it doesn't disappear on its own...BUT I don't want to lose the purple type that tell me of what setting I'm "speeding up" play (2X,4X etc..) How can I either reduce the size of this box or lose it altogether?
Can I reduce the red type size in the radio chatter box on the upper right side of the screen or move it?
One other question:what is the meaning of the small red type line that doesn't seem to change in the upper center of the screen...it just sort of hangs there & doesn't seem to be useful?
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Here is a brief description to get you started, take note that there are three columns in the edit view...for an existing info window ALT/left click the area then right click, choose either "customize" or "close" (close means to delete the info window) if customizing, you would high-lite an item in the right side column then click the left pointing arrow, your item is now in the center column and you click "save" and exit.(the middle column is for things you want to show for information to you)
To resize or re-position you need to first make the title/borders in the left hand column both "visible" then save exit, now ALT/left click and resize or drag it some where you like, then make the title/borders invisible again and "save"... that's a start for you, messing around with it you will learn which items allow text/color changes over on the left hand side column.
that annoying text you talked about will go away when you make title/borders invisible...a new window is made by ALT/right click any where you want

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-03-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

To resize or re-position you need to first make the title/borders in the left hand column both "visible" then save exit, now ALT/left click and resize or drag it some where you like, then make the title/borders invisible again and "save"... that's a start for you, messing around with it you will learn which items allow text/color changes over on the left hand side column.
that annoying text you talked about will go away when you make title/borders invisible...a new window is made by ALT/right click any where you want
SlipBall this was a big big help.I've managed to resize the window to a minimum and/or make it disappear,which is no great loss,but I haven't been able to move it around ;say down to the bottom left hand corner.I've tried to use the cursor holding the right ,then left....then both mouse buttons down with the border visible,but get no results.What gives?
Finally is there any way to slightly reduce the size of the letters in the Radio transmissions on the right side f the screen?
Thanks!

Last edited by jamesdietz; 04-04-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
SlipBall this was a big big help.I've managed to resize the window to a minimum and/or make it disappear,which is no great loss,but I haven't been able to move it around ;say down to the bottom left hand corner.I've tried to use the cursor holding the right ,then left....then both mouse buttons down with the border visible,but get no results.What gives?
Finally is there any way to slightly reduce the size of the letters in the Radio transmissions on the right side f the screen?
Thanks!

Its probably still there you will see text there at some point...you can ALT/left click on the title (top) when visible and then drag the window holding the title bar...text size, you will have to explore because I do not know