Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Default gem editor keeps crashing

Hello Everyone

I have had my game now for around a month, downloaded from Steam, and since owning the game I have never had this issue before, the gem editor will crash when I am in the middle of editing, each time my game crashes, I turn down the video settings again, getting lower n lower, and still it crashes so I know it may have something to do with maybe what I am doing. This has only been happening in the last few days, but always in the gem editor. Also only earlier for the first time in two days, it crashed like multiple times, crashed, so ran the game again, crashed ect ect.

My lappy can, wel up until now, has been able to play the game on medium to high settings, though depending on the map I play/edit, the settings are always fluxuating around mid to high anyway.

I have checked for any programs that may be transerantly running in the background, but all seems ok, but as I said up there, my game has been great up until now, and I have a fairly decent running lappy.

The map I have been editing on is heights 2x2, and I always highlight the outslirts of the map, and hit delete, as 1 know that can enhance the games performance, I prefere that to because I enjoy the distant rifle shots from the enemy trying to pick off my squad as they lay scattered prone on the feilds advancing slowly

any suggestions?

Anyway here is the error I have been experiencing the last few days.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/errorso.png/

Thanks

Last edited by micro; 03-29-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Well not sure when you get the error, thats kinda key to knowing whats up. Are you getting the error right away as you open editor or you trying to save?//

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 03-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Well not sure when you get the error, thats kinda key to knowing whats up. Are you getting the error right away as you open editor or you trying to save?//

When I am in the middle of editing a map, it will crash around 10/15 mins into the edit, but when I am playing say a skirmish, or a mod, it is totally fine, like last night I was playing one of Sir Hinkles test missions, and I must have played for around two hours, with no problems at all. But when I go into the Gem Editor, it will crash alittle way through, did you check out the screenshot I posted in. Any thoughts on that?

I am thinking it may have something to do with Steam updating, though when Steam updates, doe's that mean the game updates also?

Thanks

Update!

ok I just come out of the Gem Editor again, before that I was on the skirmish and everything seemed fined as per, but when I went back into the Gem Editor, I started to set a waypoint for my squad, thats when it crashed again, so maybe it has something to do with that, makes sense though, because last night I remember now, when I was setting waypoints, the editor would crash, hmm. I am very new to editing maps, so its obviously something that I am doing.

Last edited by micro; 03-30-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Not sure but editor is more touchy if you for example run steam overlay and go back into editor and click it may not register u selected anything and it will crash.

Go to my documents\my games\mowas\profiles\YOURNAME and there is editor_desktop.set there u could try deleting or moving it somewhere else so editor runs off default settings in case you changed something you not sure of.

I crash sometimes but its rare as long as you dont go crazy clicking stuff everywhere, but good habit is to save often.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Not sure but editor is more touchy if you for example run steam overlay and go back into editor and click it may not register u selected anything and it will crash.

Go to my documents\my games\mowas\profiles\YOURNAME and there is editor_desktop.set there u could try deleting or moving it somewhere else so editor runs off default settings in case you changed something you not sure of.

I crash sometimes but its rare as long as you dont go crazy clicking stuff everywhere, but good habit is to save often.
hey thanks for the feedback, I was thinking maybe it is clicking on stuff alot in the editor, like where a squad is made in the waypoint panel, well I saw Enviroment and Music listed in there to, and I felt that maybe I turned them on also I am quite new to map building, so its most probably something that I have clicked/turned on.

Though oddly enough its always on the same map it crashes on, annoying really, because it took me ages editing it, but I was struggling greatly with making waypoints.

I will keep you updated if it happens again, though I will try what you said about going to my documents ect. and moving the saved file, but its definately something that I have done, to make my editor crash.

Thanks Again

p.s.

What is a Steam Overlay?

Last edited by micro; 04-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Well have started a brand new map, and all seems ok, so whatever was happening before is totally beyond me, but how do I get rid of the coloured lines on the outside of the map.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

Have a look at the Assault Squad Mod Discussion forums here

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/for...Mod-Discussion

You can search the forums there.

A lot of times google comes up with better search results if
you put in like > gem editor get rid of coloured lines the map

etc......
Old 04-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVO View Post
Have a look at the Assault Squad Mod Discussion forums here

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/for...Mod-Discussion

You can search the forums there.

A lot of times google comes up with better search results if
you put in like > gem editor get rid of coloured lines the map

etc......
yeh I have tried that, but to no avail, as yet anyway, maybe post a link in so I can read about how to get rid of the coloured lines, as they are annoying, but yeh thanks for the help, I will check out that link you posted in.